Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 5:14:33 PM EDT
I just got a 1942 Savage No.4 Mk1*. Problem is the guns trigger is working as a single stage with no indication at all to the break.

I took the stock off the rifle and assembled the trigger guard and that restores the two stage, but barely.

So I figured it was a stock fitment issue.

After closer inspection it looks like some previous owner took a file to the sear where it contacts the bolt and they messed with the two humps on the trigger. Even with the guard out just a couple thousands of an inch it doesn't work.

Now here is my problem.

Where can I find a Savage grooved trigger and sear.

Everyone I have found is smooth.

Any ideas?

Also could I weld material back slowly and refit? Not sure the steel make up.

On another note I am also looking for the detent and spring for the rear elevations screw, it just spins freely.

Thanks guys.

Will post a pic when I get it back together.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You could try various gunparts stores like Apex, Sarco, Hoosier gun works, brpguns...Apex has them for $3.50 and brpguns has them fo $5.00. You could call/email them and ask for the exact part you need. I have ordered from both places and have had no issue with either one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield Sporters has some Savage trigger parts. Part 64B.

http://www.ssporters.com/parts/enfield-4.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top