Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2014 2:42:30 PM EDT
Just picked up a Hi Power from Aim Surplus with a "L" prefix serial number (L58886).  In trying to date the pistol it would seem that FN didn't use the "L" prefix and that possibly this is a counterfeit clone made by FEG for some Iraq contract.  Aim responded that this is "internet chatter", just curious if any Hi Power experts can chime in...is it a real FN?

Right Side
Left Side

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It is sporting Liege proof marks on the barrel and frame.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it is in fact a FEG clone. You can definitively tell these by the thickness and shape trigger guards. I have one exactly like yours. Gary Cole of Cole's Distributing exposed these a few years back. I bought mine from him for $199. If you compare these to a marked FEG, they are identical. Also, no FN with an external extractor shares the same features as these.

Vs. Real FN of the era

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
slightly OT,

what ever happened to Cole's

I used to follow his auctions on GB, and bought an item or 2 years ago, but now he has practically disappeared,

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
slightly OT,

what ever happened to Cole's

I used to follow his auctions on GB, and bought an item or 2 years ago, but now he has practically disappeared,

View Quote

their new name is CDI Sales, still sell all the same stuff.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top