Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 8:40:17 AM EDT
I went to a gun show over the weekend and this bloke jumped out at me.  i couldnt resist so he came home with me.  
Basics:  All matching, 1945 scope.  Bolt does not match and the mag has no serial number.  The butt has the scope number and the reciever number, the three forward stock pieces are not serial numbered except for a hand written in pencil serial number on the inside which matches the reciever.  Also, the scope mount has the serial number of the reciever.  Whats a fair price?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#1]
How much did you give?

Who is the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:28:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know a ton about them, but it looks like a No4 Mk1 (T). Maybe Canadian Longbranch made? Even if it's fake, and you gave $700 or less for it, you did good.

The scope looks real and they are worth a lot of money. I've been told if the windage/elevation dials are frozen, don't try to force them.

If it's real, then it's worth about $3-$4K. Probably slightly less since the bolt does not match. If I saw that, I'd have no issue handing over $1K for it just because of the scope.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a BSA, don't see the "T" or "TR" marking.  If it's a real "T" it's worth $2200-2500 with mismatched bolt and scope of unknown condition.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:56:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys.  Doing more research, I found that it's made by BSA Shirley, M47C, and the 3xxxx serial no.   All the appropriate numbers are there except the bolt and the mag is numberless.  The scope dials work fine and its a no III scope.  I paid $1600 out the door.  I guess I did well.  The barrel is also really nice
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Rare to see a No.32 Mk.III scope as most of the 4(T)'s on the market are fitted with the No.32 Mk.I version (which. strangely enough. was made in lower numbers than the Mk.III)

Nice scope caps too - similar leather to the carry chest handles & hinges, again, not as common as the smooth versions

Good find

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice find
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top