Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2014 7:22:08 PM EDT
My C&R is expiring in August...

Should I renew it???

To be honest, I only got it as it filled the requirement for an FFL that was needed for NFA items...  Ironically, the same week I got it, that requirement was lifted...

During the time I've had it, I did not buy a single C&R eligible item...  I did use it a bunch for discounts at Midway, but they've since cancelled that..

Part of me say keep it as I went though the hoops to get it, part say ahh, Eff it....

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It's $10 a year.  Keep it since you've got it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, $10 bucks?     How is this even a question.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#3]
As a C&R holder if some asshat steals a firearm from you it is a Federal offense. $10.00 a year is cheap for the deals, and the added assurance that any theft against you is a Federal crime.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As a C&R holder if some asshat steals a firearm from you it is a Federal offense. $10.00 a year is cheap for the deals, and the added assurance that any theft against you is a Federal crime.
View Quote

Wouldn't that only be on C&R eligible items (hopefully) in your bound book?

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's $10 a year.  Keep it since you've got it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I had no idea Midway cancelled that program!

Either way, I say keep it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure as death and taxes, as soon as you cancel or let it expire something will come up and you will wish you still had it.

I spend my time and money on Gunbroker looking through the C&R offerings. Here is the last couple years worth of buys using it. There is still plenty out there to buy, between the importers and GB.

.22 caliber No2MkIVa

Springfield 1903 MKI

S&W .32 Hand Ejector

S&W M1905 4th Change .38

Beretta 951 9mm

Columbian Mauser .30-06

S&W Model 30 .32

FN High Power
Savage 1907 .32
Astra Cub .22 Short

Chinese SKS

Vz24

Chinese Type 53

If nothing here I have posted appeals to you then maybe you should get rid of it.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#9]
If you do come across one C&R firearm per year  you purchase, your transfer fee is covered (if required).
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I let mine lapse when $100 guns became $500 guns
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I just won a old Stevens 620 16ga in very good shape on Gunbroker for $210 shipped. John Browning designed that can be broken down in two pieces at the front of the receiver. Quite a few were used in WWII as combat shotguns in 12ga. Should be here by the end of the week. You can still find things to buy with it if you keep your eyes open.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I have made the $30 back in discounts in one month's worth of orders from Brownells.  

Also, I used it to buy my K31, SVT40, Finn 39, Walther P1, and Nazi HiPower.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#13]
OK, I decided to renew it...  Its only 30.00...  

I have to send a copy to the CLEO for renewal...  WTF...

Anyway, I'm right on the deadline and sending it in, right now...
Is Brownells still offering their FFL discount???  I know Midway stopped offering it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top