Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
1853 Enfield, lock plate dated 1861/Tower.  I know it's British made but they were issued to Federal infantry units during the war.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#4]
some awesome firearms here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Beater pistol.  1945 Rem Rand with Colt slide.  It's a rattle trap but a great shooter.  US Property marked but was polished at some point in its life.  I don't care.  It gets carried and shot regularly.  New springs ever 3k is about all I've done for it.  Gotta love the honest wear on it though...

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd wager that there's not many legit short M1917's like this around.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:47:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I'd wager that there's not many legit short M1917's like this around.

http://i.imgur.com/M6X3rQV.jpg
View Quote

Panama rifle?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Chinese in Burma, shortened in 1942.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
New addition to the vault.  This is the first original BAR I have ever seen. Original barrel, original finish, all the parts seem to be original NESA parts, in a beautiful patina :)
http://www.adcofirearms.com/junkpics/43bar.jpg
View Quote

Holy moly. I should visit more often. I am jelly! The BAR is my favorite martial arm of all time. The 45th ID museum here in OKC has one or two in every room. Congrats on the great pickup for your collection!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I have kind of a rare one I got a long time ago

Remington 1903 modified with all matching parts. In almost to good of shape.  Very good shooter does incredible groups at 100 yards
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Sax- that original inland is beautiful. In the mid 80's I came across one at a flea mkt in Fl. an old man had. he wanted $100 for it, and I didn't have $100. Makes me sad to this day. thanks to everyone for sharing these fine pieces!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sax- that original inland is beautiful. In the mid 80's I came across one at a flea mkt in Fl. an old man had. he wanted $100 for it, and I didn't have $100. Makes me sad to this day. thanks to everyone for sharing these fine pieces!
View Quote

Hate when that happens.. find a great deal and don't have the dough to make it happen.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#14]
This is...the most beautiful thread I have ever seen or read...

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is...the most beautiful thread I have ever seen or read...

View Quote

Glad you enjoyed it.. reason i started it - keep posting them up folks

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#16]
more!

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#17]
You clever son of a gun.  It took me a minute to realize you'd switched mid-post from a Winchester to the Henry.  Beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You clever son of a gun.  It took me a minute to realize you'd switched mid-post from a Winchester to the Henry.  Beautiful.
View Quote

Just checking if you guys were paying attention

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Grabbed another Colt for my birthday earlier this Month.  Re-blued, but nicely done.  1918mfg

Couple other U.S. Military acquisitions this month include...

IHC Garand
1861 Trenton Contact Musket

Both need a little TLC - but I will have photos soon.  All of the metal on the musket had been painted black years go...  started to remove the paint - carefully without scrubbing...  No pitting, nice bright metal underneath... I might have stumbled on something really nice here, I will update with pictures soon.

Edit

Ok - so here is the m1861 Trenton Contract Musket - All of the metal was painted black - appeared to be with a brush.  I used an organic acrylic paint remover - lightly wiping it away layer after layer.  The metal underneath was mostly in the white - not pitted.  Wondering if this is original and preserved by the paint - or if the previous owner removed the patina?  Either way - it looks very clean.  Good bore.  Great stock.  

Sorry for the shadowy pictures - I will try to get some better ones later outside - but I worked on this all day and haven't gone to bed yet... need to get to sleep so I can get back in for a Midnight to Noon shift.  

I am in need of a rear sight leaf set and screw - and I have my doubts about the bolster screw being original - never have I seen a square headed one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top