Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2014 12:32:28 PM EDT

Interesting story, these were found in storage bunkers, meant to be used in case of a cold war conflict.
http://theswissriflesdotcommessageboard.yuku.com/topic/13372/Unissued-K31s#.U77lG_ldXCt
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
that would be unreal to have a new, OLD one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
When can we expect them in the states?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Edit: Disregard.  Misunderstood the question.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll just have one or twelve.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Now those look truly unissued!
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]
$600 at Samco Global
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#7]
And they just threw them in the back of that car!

What a find.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm actually in Switzerland right now. I'm sure I can sneak one in my check bag.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:25:32 AM EDT
[#9]
or mail it piece by piece hahah
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone buy any of the unissued rifles SAMCO is offering? I thought there was a couple of potential buyers in the last thread that featured them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone buy any of the unissued rifles SAMCO is offering? I thought there was a couple of potential buyers in the last thread that featured them.

View Quote

I just placed an order for one.  I've read that Samco is apparently being very slow to charge for and ship these.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just placed an order for one.  I've read that Samco is apparently being very slow to charge for and ship these.  We shall see.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had an order for an excellent and after a week and a half it hadn't charged/shipped.  Decided to cancel.  I'm awfully tempted to spring for an unissue, but was really hoping someone would've had one by now.  There's guys that placed an order right when they dropped 3 weeks ago and they still haven't been billed or seen shipment.  Suppose good things will come to those that can wait.  Personally, I think the extended wait whilst charging a premium is a bit ridiculous but that's me.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had an order for an excellent and after a week and a half it hadn't charged/shipped.  Decided to cancel.  I'm awfully tempted to spring for an unissue, but was really hoping someone would've had one by now.  There's guys that placed an order right when they dropped 3 weeks ago and they still haven't been billed or seen shipment.  Suppose good things will come to those that can wait.  Personally, I think the extended wait whilst charging a premium is a bit ridiculous but that's me.
View Quote

I am a relatively patient individual.  Perhaps if they haven't charged my card by next Monday, I will give them a call.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:53:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am a relatively patient individual.  Perhaps if they haven't charged my card by next Monday, I will give them a call.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.  Post what you get obviously as we're all eager to see.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Ordered one of the "Unissued" K31's with a walnut stock from SAMCO, just picked it up today:

- based on my SN and what I can look up, was manufactured in 1939
- very pretty wood (for this vintage), with scattered scratch marks presumably from storage
- It looks unissued, but I do not know enough about this rifle to be certain that it wasn't "refurbed" at some time in the past

- For those still waiting-- I called SAMCO a few weeks back and was told that the delay was b/c they had not been import marked yet.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ordered one of the "Unissued" K31's with a walnut stock from SAMCO, just picked it up today:

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh603/shadowman41/K31_zps35cf8a33.jpg

- based on my SN and what I can look up, was manufactured in 1939
- very pretty wood (for this vintage), with scattered scratch marks presumably from storage
- It looks unissued, but I do not know enough about this rifle to be certain that it wasn't "refurbed" at some time in the past

- For those still waiting-- I called SAMCO a few weeks back and was told that the delay was b/c they had not been import marked yet.

View Quote

Looks good. Is there a date on tang? That would tell you if it's been refurbed.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#18]

OK, did a little more Google sleuthing / examining since my first post & can now add this:

- the only marking on the tang (top or bottom) is "BE", which apparently refers to the Canton Arsenal

- the stamp on the stock beneath the buttplate is "I 39" which would match the Mfg date of my rifle based on
the serial number; also, no troop issue tag beneath the buttplate

- there is also a "circle 3" stamp on the left side of the stock

So... maybe it is a bona fide "unissued" rifle?

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I believe the "BE" denotes that it was refurbished in Bern.  There has been some discussion as to the exact origin of these rifles, and the general consensus so far is that they were issued, then fully refurbished at the arsenal, then not reissued, thus the odd collection of serial numbers.  Samco's use of the word "condition" to describe the rifles means that they were technically telling the truth, though in a somewhat misleading way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top