Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2014 5:03:37 PM EDT
From "New Unissued" on down the line.  Beech and Walnut.

I'm stocked, but I just thought I'd share.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 2:55:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm just wondering if this batch of K31's is gonna have that atrocious billboard import mark like the last group AIM got in
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I be in for an excellent condition beech model if these were available a few months ago. Seems to be a good deal. Don't have the funds now.

It also looks like they have cleaning kits with Waffenfett grease.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm just wondering if this batch of K31's is gonna have that atrocious billboard import mark like the last group AIM got in
View Quote

I can't speak for these specifically, but SAMCO has imported their mil-surps in the past. I have several rifles with SAMCO import marks. They use 1/4" text and are on barrel undersides. They even placed them under the cleaning rod on their M59s.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 5:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a K31 with a great bore and a beat-up beech stock (and matching s/n bayonet.)

I've got a 1911 rifle.

I would REALLY love to have an unissued K31 with a walnut stock.  But $700?  I just don't see the value.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#5]
New ones are nice but that price is a little stiff
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got a K31 with a great bore and a beat-up beech stock (and matching s/n bayonet.)
I've got a 1911 rifle.

I would REALLY love to have an unissued K31 with a walnut stock.  But $700?  I just don't see the value.  
View Quote

The nicer ones usually go for $400 or $500. So $600-700 doesn't appear too ridiculous for unissued. I wouldn't pay it, but it seems fair if you consider unissued No4MkIIs usually go for at least $700. No4MkIs seem to be in the same price range as K31s based on condition.

The excellent condition grade is a great deal, IMO, if they're actually excellent. I paid that much for my K31 from Simpsons and it's not near excellent. The metal and bore is, but the stock has considerable wear.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The nicer ones usually go for $400 or $500. So $600-700 doesn't appear too ridiculous for unissued. I wouldn't pay it, but it seems fair if you consider unissued No4MkIIs usually go for at least $700. No4MkIs seem to be in the same price range as K31s based on condition.

The excellent condition grade is a great deal, IMO, if they're actually excellent. I paid that much for my K31 from Simpsons and it's not near excellent. The metal and bore is, but the stock has considerable wear.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got a 1911 rifle.

Same with my hand-select K31.  It shoots lights out, and the metal looks really good, but the stock is pretty beat up.

Link Posted: 6/28/2014 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Samco's mark is very discreet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#9]
damnit, arfcom got me again.

Ordered an excellent condition beechwood stock to go with the walnut K31 I already have.

Didn't have the cash for this, going to have to sell a little bitcoin. oh well, trading a high risk investment for a low risk investment.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ordered an excellent condition beechwood stock to go with the walnut K31 I already have.

Didn't have the cash for this, going to have to sell a little bitcoin. oh well, trading a high risk investment for a low risk investment.
View Quote

Les us know if the quality meets the "excellent" standard or falls short.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
You ordering from Samco or Classic?

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#12]
FYI according to Classic theirs are Century imports.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you get it yet? Looking for a report.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope, they haven't even billed me yet. Going to email them for an update tonight, just realized how much time has passed. I know Samco is slow, but two weeks is a bit silly.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

nope, they haven't even billed me yet. Going to email them for an update tonight, just realized how much time has passed. I know Samco is slow, but two weeks is a bit silly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed, i can understand 5 business days.. but two weeks is inexcusable. Thats my biggest issue with Samco; not sure how they stay in business.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Update: Sarco says it will ship later this week. I should have it next week, will post pics when I have it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got these two beech stock unissued K31's from Samco today.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Those are some absolutely beautiful rifles you have there...stunning.  

I'm one of those that believe that you can't pay too much for something like that, just maybe buy it too early.  

Sure, regular K31's might have been under $100 a few years ago - but now they are $300.  In a few more years, those same regular K31's may be $700 guns and goodness knows what these unissued ones will be worth then.

Earl
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I actually talked to the owner of Simpson ltd (they are local to me) about these and if he knew if it was possible for these to be this nice.  He goes over and hand picks lots of Swiss rifles over there.  He told me that I should gamble at that price and get two if they really are that nice. So I did and they are.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Those are freakin' gorgeous. What production years are they?

I really wanted to go for a beech K31, but I had a little money tied up in a display case for guns I don't even have yet.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:12:10 AM EDT
[#21]
WOW!!!! very nice
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#22]
my 'excellent' should ship tomorrow or Friday. Should have pics middle of next week.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Those are freakin' gorgeous. What production years are they?

I really wanted to go for a beech K31, but I had a little money tied up in a display case for guns I don't even have yet.

View Quote

By serial number indicates 1945 and 1946 production dates but the stocks are 1946 and 1954 dated.  These appear to be unissued rebuilds, still very happy with them and would gladly to it again.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Those look very nice!!! Worth the price IMHO
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine arrived.  As with the others, it is a refurb, apparently done in Bern, based on the tang stamp.  A 1954 production, based on the serial number.  Regardless, it is magnificent.  I will try to get some pictures on Monday, when I get to a decent camera.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#27]
The import mark is three tiny lines of dot matrix on the underside of the barrel, hidden by the stacking rod.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Words don't show us what they look like, pics make all the difference in the world.
View Quote

Well, now...

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The import mark is three tiny lines of dot matrix on the underside of the barrel, hidden by the stacking rod.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#31]
oh please stop posting pictures. I'm really really really...(did I say really?) wanting one of those unissued beechwoods. Or the really good conditioned walnuts.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
oh please stop posting pictures. I'm really really really...(did I say really?) wanting one of those unissued beechwoods. Or the really good conditioned walnuts.
View Quote

These too are older samco imports.. looks like the import mark is identical. Love it.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#33]
My C&R arrived today :-) first purchase just submitted!! Unissued beech wood absolutely can't wait to get it her!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top