Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2014 9:02:29 AM EDT
I picked-up another M1917 the other day so I figured I'd use a Parker-Hale 5B aperture sight I had sitting around on one. The install went just fine and then I noticed something odd.....The front sight blade was backwards!

I'm lucky enough to have bought a Brit Rifle #3 FS pusher for a P-14 so as I was getting ready to remove the blade I noticed something else.....The blade was fine but whole damn FS assembly was on backwards!

I pushed the cross pin out, took my heat gun, put it on low and warmed the sight up a bit, the used a wooden mallet and a block of wood, hit it a couple times, and off it came.

There was a gob of cosmo in the key slot so I guess they put the sight on backwards during the WW-2 era rebuild.

LOL....I did not know CAI was in business back then.

I put everything back to right. Turned out fine.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
nice rifle!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
"I picked-up another M1917 the other day"

Man, you're a lucky dog to just keep picking these things up!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
While I'm not a fan of cock-on-closing actions,  I'd take an M1917 over an M1903 any day of the week. That's a good lookin' rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top