Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 8:44:14 AM EDT
I saw this little pistol in the Pawn shop. It was sitting on the desk behind the counter and had not been priced to put out for sale.
I talked to the store Mgr. and he said that he was not sure what he was going to price it for.
I contacted  a friend to get some ifno on the pistol and see what they were worth.

A few days latter I stopped by the shop and the Mgr said that I could have it for $250 out the door. Well I didn't even ask for a better price, I just bought it.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2afh0go.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/t7o768.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/25h1kly.jpg

It is a Pre War.. SN# A 6301 thru A 9750 were sent to "Parc Regional du Materiel a Bourges" from SACM...this one is in this group of 3449 Pistols..Made between 01 Jan and 15 Jun 1940...
It's chambered for 7,65 Longue (32 French Long)

I was able to pick up some original French ammo. I tried a little of it but none of it went bang.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2rnx9o4.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/jj5xea.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/tafmzo.jpg
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the French ammo you find in that caliber will be dead or at the very least unreliable.  At one time someone (Numrich?) made 32 acp barrels for these pistols.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Old French ammo is generally a miss rather than a hit.  Also, they made some .30-'60 that was absolutely dangerous.  You will need to reload.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn cool little pistols. Too bad ammo is hard to come by these days. Would have been one of the best pistols of the era had it been in 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Great pick up. Cool ammo as well. I love the original era stuff.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you getting good primer strikes?  Might be the pistol, not the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had one for years and they take a little work to keep fed, but they are superbly accurate once you do get cartridges that work.

Bertram makes some nice but very costly brass, if you can find it.

I convert .32 S&W Long into 7.65 French Long by using a small lathe to turn off the rim and cut the extractor grove, then trimming it down to the proper .776" case length. It is a bit of work, but from my view it's easier and cheaper than getting Bertram made brass. I use .32acp data and bullets for loading, which runs my 1935a fine and has given me no pressure signs as well as keeping the brass in nice shape.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you getting good primer strikes?  Might be the pistol, not the ammo.
View Quote

Likely not the pistol, the old french ammo is notorious for this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I've always thought that those pistols were dead sexy. I've always wanted to buy one but the ammo thing always kept be at bay.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Damn cool little pistols. Too bad ammo is hard to come by these days. Would have been one of the best pistols of the era had it been in 9mm.
View Quote

Like the SIG 210 ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Like the SIG 210 ?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like the SIG 210 ?

The Swiss had the same idea and bought the design from the French and updated it into the P210. Fittingly the M1935a was designed by a Swiss engineer in the first place.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#11]
99.99% of surplus 7.65 Longue has dead primers at this point.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Most of the French ammo you find in that caliber will be dead or at the very least unreliable.  At one time someone (Numrich?) made 32 acp barrels for these pistols.
View Quote

I have looked for those in the past and have not found one. It would be nice if they were available.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Well when I bought the ammo I pretty much knew that the chance of it working was very slim.
Original French 32 Long ammo goes for right at $1 a round and is worth more as a collectable then for shooting.
I picked up 160 rounds for $50 shipped so, I would have to say that I did pretty good on the ammo.
Their are to Co. that make French 32 Long from 32 S&W brass and runs right at $50 for a box of 50.
I gust need to get around to ordering some.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
99.99% of surplus 7.65 Longue has dead primers at this point.
View Quote

Considering the last time ammo was made for that caliber (8mm Lebel, too) was 1958, that's not much of a surprise.

Very cool haul, OP. I would love to pick up  a -35A, but most of them that come up for sale are ratty as shit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#15]
As far as making brass, is there any chance that 30 Carbine could be modified?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As far as making brass, is there any chance that 30 Carbine could be modified?
View Quote

The ammunition I have uses Starline .32 S&W Long cases with the rim ground off and an extractor groove cut. Bertram actually makes brass in this caliber, but it's very spotty availability-wise and quite expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top