Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2014 9:26:23 AM EDT
So I didn't find a gun like a did last year (The M91 Finn I re-barreled) - but I did find a couple real cool items.  Wasn't sure where else to post them - figured you guys would find them as neat as I do.  

Antique cartridges and a few older smoke grenades.

The ammo is .50 Sharps Spencer Rimfire - "U" marked.  Pretty rare and pretty cool.  

Should be late civil war production - I'll have to do some more research.

I paid $25.00 each for the smokes (3 in all - one M18 Yellow and two M83 TA's) - and the .50 rimfire came in a box of other cartridges - a .38 rimfire, .32 rimfire, bunch of dug 58 projectiles and 69 round balls, a 45-90 and a couple other old calibers.  Gave $30 for the lot.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you notice the 45 - 90 in that box? I think those are 56 - 50 Spencer Carbine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you notice the 45 - 90 in that box? I think those are 56 - 50 Spencer Carbine.
View Quote

You know what.   I think you're on to something - but it's not a 56-50 - that would suggest a tapered case.  56 base to 50 projectile opening.

Edit - Spencer 56-56 rimfire maybe?  I'll have to do some measuring.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#3]

I think it's the 56-56 rimfire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.56-56_Spencer
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I also found a rough 1898 Short Saw-back German Bayonet (KS98).  Kurzes Seitengewehr

Grips have been replaced at some point - which is a bummer.  Quite a bit of corrosion - but the blade and teeth are in great shape.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Is a T&T Show what is known in south as a flea market?

Other than the Astra 400 I found a 100 shell MTM 12ga shot shell case, a aluminum poker chip box (I convert them to pistol cases) and a Norinco 213 9mm Tokerov mag for a total of $5.00.

A guy had a bunch of MP-5, M-3 Grease Gun, and Sten mags but I passed on them. Too little profit margin for resale.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Pretty much an indoor flea market.  Happens twice a year up here at "the forum."

You never know what you'll find - it's like a big indoor garage sale.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Seems I need to leave my state to find anything good!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Pretty neat to find the those Spencer's rounds, I thought about picking up that box of goodies... I know who has them......lol  You could say the Trash & Treasure show is an indoor flea market. Some time you find the most amazing things, I just came away with a postcard, some silverware, and a book. lol
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Depending on the fuses in the smokes you might not want to post pics on the inter web . Link
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Depending on the fuses in the smokes you might not want to post pics on the inter web . Link
View Quote
This has been going around for ages. NO, smokes are not DDs, however the ATF has put their usual pressure on the few manufacturers of smoke grenades to not sell to anyone who doesn't have an explosives permit or who isn't a LE department. This requirement only applies to commercial sales, not private sales, so you can have all the M18s you want.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This has been going around for ages. NO, smokes are not DDs, however the ATF has put their usual pressure on the few manufacturers of smoke grenades to not sell to anyone who doesn't have an explosives permit or who isn't a LE department. This requirement only applies to commercial sales, not private sales, so you can have all the M18s you want.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top