Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/22/2017 4:06:36 PM EDT
Anyone ever do a 10/22 SBR in one of these? Looking at the lightweight chassis and something with a 5 to 8 inch barrel.

How well does this set up work?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I just finished a pistol with the standard chassis.

Love it!

Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
DAMNNNNN that's badass!!!!! I think I going to have to do that to my charger.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Its addicting, I just finiahed it and I kinda want to do a second one with their long nose chassis and a short bull barrel.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice build, HK_DUDE!

Here's my pistol:

I like your idea of using the MLOK handstop. It's much cleaner than bolting something to the Pic rail.
Is that configuration comfortable? If so, I may end up stealing your idea 
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks awesome as well. My original plan was to use those same sights, but i decided not to spend $150 more on a Kidd bull barrel and modified the factory barrel instead...then went with the Holosun.

Yes, its comfortable. I added an extra drilled and tapped hole to locate the handstop where I wanted it on the chassis. It only has the rear screw holding it in place, but it is very solid.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]
That grip looks good. I assume you are using the nordic gap filler....if so, did you have to modify it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice build, HK_DUDE!

Here's my pistol:

http://i.imgur.com/uUEr2ot.jpg

I like your idea of using the MLOK handstop. It's much cleaner than bolting something to the Pic rail.
Is that configuration comfortable? If so, I may end up stealing your idea 
View Quote
What is the barrel length on that?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That grip looks good. I assume you are using the nordic gap filler....if so, did you have to modify it?
View Quote
Yes, I'm using the Nordic gap filler with a Griffin Armament A3 grip. The Nordic filler integrates better with the Hogue overmolded grip, but the Hogue isn't quite vertical enough for me.

No modifications needed to be made to the gap filler.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What is the barrel length on that?
View Quote
It's a Kidd 6" barrel. Won't keep bulk pack subsonic, but it fit better with the PMACA chassis.

I'm using a Beyer 4.5" barrel for my 10/22 SBR build:

Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Engineer,
What sights are you using? How are the rear sight and rail configured?  Looks great!  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Engineer,
What sights are you using? How are the rear sight and rail configured?  Looks great!  Thanks
View Quote

I'm using a Nodak Spud adjustable rear sight with rail (NDS26)
and the .920 front sight (NDS23)

The NDS23 slips onto a Beyer barrel and requires a little heat to get onto a Kidd barrel.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Who makes that folding stock adaptor?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Who makes that folding stock adaptor?
View Quote

Its a Hera Arms SFU...side folding unit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up a Multi chassis and moved things around a bit. The Kidd barreled Charger went in the new chassis and I cut down a factory barrel and had it threaded and installed it on another Charger receiver. Paired it up with a set of Tech Sights and put in the regular PMACA chassis:

Link Posted: 12/19/2017 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I picked up a Multi chassis and moved things around a bit. The Kidd barreled Charger went in the new chassis and I cut down a factory barrel and had it threaded and installed it on another Charger receiver. Paired it up with a set of Tech Sights and put in the regular PMACA chassis:

https://i.imgur.com/Vq7NKfb.jpg
View Quote
Did you have to do anything special to get that front sight to work in the rear dove tail?

I have a 10/22 SBR pending and will be using the PMAC chassis with a 4.5" barrel. The guys at PMAC said they would inlet the forearm for me so my suppressor will nest down in it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you have to do anything special to get that front sight to work in the rear dove tail?

I have a 10/22 SBR pending and will be using the PMAC chassis with a 4.5" barrel. The guys at PMAC said they would inlet the forearm for me so my suppressor will nest down in it.
View Quote
No, I didn't the dovetails are the same size. However, the rear dovetail is not as wide as the front due to the curvature of the barrel, so the side screws don't work as they were intended to anymore. The front screw that expands the dovetail on the sight is what holds it in place.

That's cool that PMACA is willing to do some custom work for you. Post pics when you get yours together!
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:15:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, I didn't the dovetails are the same size. However, the rear dovetail is not as wide as the front due to the curvature of the barrel, so the side screws don't work as they were intended to anymore. The front screw that expands the dovetail on the sight is what holds it in place.

That's cool that PMACA is willing to do some custom work for you. Post pics when you get yours together!
View Quote
I will it’s probably going to be mid summer before it gets approved. Britt at pmaca said they have done a few like this. He said that it maybe a few months wait but I’m ok with that. I think they send their stocks off in batches to be anodized. I will be placing my order sometime at the end of the month.

Will that front sight line up with the nodak spud sight/rail combo?
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Will that front sight line up with the nodak spud sight/rail combo?
View Quote
Unfortunately, there's no way for me to easily tell. The NDS front sight is for a .920 barrel and my Kidd barrel does not have a rear dovetail cut. The Techsight is on a cut down factory barrel which is too small in diameter for the NDS front sight.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Just wanted to give those on this thread a heads up.

I have been in contact with PMACA for the past 4 weeks about getting a special run of the chassis system that is cut for a 4.5" barrel. The barrel channel is inleted to allow a suppressor to be screwed down and not contact the forearm.

PMACA is referring to these as Subsonic Standards. The guy I have been in touch with said they made a small batch of these and should be ready any-day now.

I will post details as I get them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just wanted to give those on this thread a heads up.

I have been in contact with PMACA for the past 4 weeks about getting a special run of the chassis system that is cut for a 4.5" barrel. The barrel channel is inleted to allow a suppressor to be screwed down and not contact the forearm.

PMACA is referring to these as Subsonic Standards. The guy I have been in touch with said they made a small batch of these and should be ready any-day now.

I will post details as I get them.
View Quote

Cool! Thanks for doing the groundwork and getting a run done. Definitely interested in seeing some pics of the chassis.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

Sbr paperwork will be filed shortly. Has a shockwave brace on the backend now, but plan on making an adapter to run a sig folding mpx stock.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I placed my order yesterday with PMACA. They told me when placing the order put a standard 10/22 chassis in the cart and in the notes section put " Subsonic Standard" I would also give a description of what you are wanting to just make sure the information is correctly conveyed. It is only available in back at the moment. He told me the production run consisted of 8 and I bought one so their are 7 more that are ready for order. PMACA was easy to work with and I am sure once these sell out they would be willing to do another small run. I was told by PMACA that they have done this mod in the past. Not sure if it was a one off the last time they did this, but glad to see them do 8 at a time.

I will also email this thread to the guy I was speaking with that way he can chime in if need be.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is my build. It may look funky, but I love it. I just finished most of it today:

https://i.imgur.com/3ZbmKiJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/r7QUkQe.jpg

Costa high-speed thumb over bore grip with UTG rail cut-out
https://i.imgur.com/MBnhsXu.jpg

Parts:

10-22 Charger
Barrel cut/threaded to 4.5" with Adco
PMACA lite chassis
UTG scout rail cut down.
Guntec Phantom A1 Flash hider
Chinese side folder (Changing to Hera soon)

I choose that flash hider because I can put my cheap EDC Amazon knife through it to torque/loosen it on. This build will live with my suppressor most of the time, but I need to sand the bottom of the UTG as it was meant to take a .92" barrel and not a 1" can.
View Quote
Check out the Chinese law folder Knock offs. I have one on my dedicated 22 ar pistol. It works great. They are $35 or so on dh ghate
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have a source on a 12-24 thumb screw that would work with the std PMACA chassis? Mine keeps getting loose and I'd rather not use threadlocker.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#26]
The modified sbr chassis arrived today. PMACA is refering to them as subsonic Standard chassis. Everything looks good.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Working on my second one now...getting close to being  finished. Will post pics soon.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:07:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I put my Charger in one with a Shockwave blade.

Attachment Attached File

It's awesome with a can.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:10:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I put my Charger in one with a Shockwave blade.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/357367/IMG_20180210_222414881-448196.JPG

It's awesome with a can.
View Quote
Very nice!

Is that the Kidd barrel and Kidd mag release?
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:26:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Very nice!

Is that the Kidd barrel and Kidd mag release?
View Quote
Yeah. I need to change out the mag release though. The long lever sucks with the chassis and AR grip
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:37:20 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
What fold mechanism are you using?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I emailed PMACA yesterday and will probably be ordering one for my 10/22 SBR soon.  I wish there was another stock option other than the AR platform.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:46:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
It is the SFU from Herra Arms. I am trying a different on on my second build. No problem with the Hera Arms SFU, but tying somwthing else. Will have it this week.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I have one on the way.  Ill post pics of my 10/22 SBR when I get all the parts.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#36]
For those of you using factory barrels is there any way to mount a nodak front sight to them?

Mine is a factory barrel cut down to 4.5” and I love the look of the nodak front sights.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For those of you using factory barrels is there any way to mount a nodak front sight to them?

Mine is a factory barrel cut down to 4.5” and I love the look of the nodak front sights.
View Quote
Looks like you could make the universal one fit. But you would have to remove some material on the PMACA chassis.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Looks like you could make the universal one fit. But you would have to remove some material on the PMACA chassis.
View Quote
My barrel is approximately .77" in diameter so I think the .920 universal version will be way too big. Wish I could build up the barrel somehow.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Changed the little one up a little. Not finished with the big one.

Things to add to the big one:

1. Medium size scope thinking the new $200 Leupold
3-9 x 40 rimfire model.

2. Probably a 1 piece offset mount. Maybe the Tac Sol mount.

3. I think I will be adding the carbon fiber handguard that PMACA has for $100. That handguard will stick past my barrel by about an inch.

My modified DD pistol grips are very comfortable, have to decide if I want to trim the trigger guard back more or leave them as is....they look a little goofy now, but they are growing on me.

Yes, it's over 26"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It is the SFU from Herra Arms. I am trying a different on on my second build. No problem with the Hera Arms SFU, but tying somwthing else. Will have it this week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the second folding mechanism you have?  The don’t both look like Hera ones.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What is the second folding mechanism you have?  The don’t both look like Hera ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good eye! It is an American Built Arms Side-Folding Adapter. I like it even better then the SFU...it locks in both positions. I prefer that, some do not.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Good eye! It is an American Built Arms Side-Folding Adapter. I like it even better then the SFU...it locks in both positions. I prefer that, some do not.
View Quote
I like that option better.  Seems to be out of stock almost everywhere though!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Got my package today am I’m pretty sure I was sent the standard chassis as opposed to what I had asked for.  I don’t see a recess cut like on @swampfoxoutdoors picture.  Can you guys confirm this before I email them?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#44]
It looks like they sent you a multi chassis.

Attachment Attached File

The one I bought was this one. In the notes I put Subsonic Standard Chassis for SBR build. They are good guys and will make it right.

Here is mine. I have no way of conforming that everything will work like planned. My host receiver is a rifle and no 4.5" barrel yet. I explained what I was doing to PMACA and gave him pics of another members build on here with measurements of my cans. And the chassis received was what they determined would work.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#45]
I also got my BCM grip in today and boy this thing feels awesome.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:17:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone else purchased the "subsonic standard" and fitted it to check clearance as of yet?  This thread, as so many things on this damn site, has started to cost me money.  Just went down to a buddy's shop today, he is getting me a basic Charger for right around cost so now it's time to start getting parts together for this sucker.  I'm going to do a 4.5 because really, why not?  Even if it's not canned ALL the time it's not like you're really hurting yourself all that much.

That being said, I've been searching tonight and have yet to find a factory 4.5 bull barrel, is there such a creature in the wild or do you just have to buy a 16 inch and have someone chop amd thread?  I'm really excited for this one, thinking of giving to my dad for Father's Day this year... if I don't keep if for myself, haha.

Edit:
Oh, and after looking at the great build above with a 5ish inch barrel and a flash can that gave me an idea.  W/a 4.5 inch barrel and the relief cut that is being discussed, would a can fit in place of a suppressor as a thread protector/extend overall length a bit past the chassis?  or is overall diameter to far off from your average suppressor?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Beyer Barrels sells a 4.5in bull barrel. It's not listed on their site so you have to call. This is the one I will use on my SBR build.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
Can I steal your pic for an Idea I have for my Ruger PC9? @ HK_DUDE.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You sure can!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:29:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Check out the Chinese law folder Knock offs. I have one on my dedicated 22 ar pistol. It works great. They are $35 or so on dh ghate
View Quote
Have a link by chance?  I'm looking for something that works but isn't over a hundred dollars to put on a .22.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top