Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2017 4:00:56 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this gun? Strongly considering buying.

My son (5yo) is getting to the point where he's almost ready to learn to shoot. I don't own any rimfire rifles. I really dig the fact that it's suppressor ready, and if we're being entirely honest, this is something I could easily see dad shooting as well. Regardless I'll be getting a can for this gun as quick as possible. Considering either a SiCo Sparrow or GemTech GM-22.

I've heard nothing but good things about CZ rimfires. Been reading a fair amount about them, but curious if anyone here has any mods or upgrades they feel strongly about.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
High Quality will be a family heirloom to pass down. it's length of pull is a little long for the youngest shooters but on the other hand they can use it much longer then say a cricket or rascal!
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
High Quality will be a family heirloom to pass down. it's length of pull is a little long for the youngest shooters but on the other hand they can use it much longer then say a cricket or rascal!
View Quote
That's one of the things that appeals to me be about the CZ. I'd love to see this become one of those "the gun I learned to shoot with" type of things.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You can buy the CZ 455 Scout and then get an adult stock for the rifle to use for yourself or when your child gets bigger.  Pick up the bigger stock from CZ or an after market stock.  You can also swap out the barrels and the caliber to whatever you want on the CZ 455.  The Scouts look like pretty good deals for 300-350 dollars for the quality you are getting.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Got one a couple months ago and love it.  Never shot it for groups,  I just plink in the backyard with the factory irons.  It's refreshing to shoot such a little and light stick when I'm used to hefting my 455 tacticool with glass.  I bought it for me with the intention of having my son progress up to shooting it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:36:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Daughter has a 452 Scout and loves it.

I borrow it at times.

Will get the youngest a 455 Scout.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a 452 Scout a year ago to use with my grandson. So far, my daughter is not into letting him learn to shoot, but I am also a shooting instructor for the local 4-H Shooting Club and when several of the shooters decided to participate in a 4-H Small bore match in Sept, I volunteered as a coach and since no one had a suitable rifle, I loaned my Scout to the kids. So far it is working out well for them. I rechecked the scope yesterday to make sure it was dialed in and it put 3 shots into a ragged hole with the last 2 opening the group to .5” at 50 yds with SK Standard Speed. I’m happy. I shoot it with a 1” thick slip on recoil pad to extend the stock.

The 455 has better iron sights, a threaded muzzle if you decide to mount a suppressor, and interchangeable barrels and stocks. Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]
CZ 455 Scout appears to be ARFCOM approved.

Anyone have any experience with mods like the YoDave trigger or Tech Sights or anything else for that matter? Perhaps I'm over thinking this...
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
10/22 was too long for her, so got the CZ scout and it is a very well made little rifle.  She loves it and I am very happy with it.  Its going to be in the family for another few generations i am sure

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:17:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CZ 455 Scout appears to be ARFCOM approved.

Anyone have any experience with mods like the YoDave trigger or Tech Sights or anything else for that matter? Perhaps I'm over thinking this...
View Quote
The CZ triggers are decent out of the box. I bought one of the trigger kits for my kid's 452 scout. It consisted of various thicknesses of tubes to take up pretravel and various weight springs to control pull weight. I set it up for a 3lb pull. The kit was cheap and I thought it was worth it. Not sure if it was a yodave kit though. It was 10 years ago when I did that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top