Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2017 1:42:46 AM EDT
I have a nice custom 10/22 but I'm wanting a rimfire bolt gun. What do you have and or suggest? Looking for accuracy, quality, and the ability to suppress it...
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a nice custom 10/22 but I'm wanting a rimfire bolt gun. What do you have and or suggest? Looking for accuracy, quality, and the ability to suppress it...
View Quote

My opinion is worth what you paid for it.

If you're on a budget, Ruger American Rimfire.  If you have a bit of money to spend on something nice, CZ452 or CZ455.

I am not a Savage rimfire fan, but they work great for a lot of people.  Take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#3]
in my option CZ's are the most accurate out of the box.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#4]
First off check and see if my suggestions have Threaded barrels.

If you want top of the line, Go Anshutz.
If you want a great gun at a decent price go CZ.
If you want a decent gun at a decent price get a Ruger American.
If you want an ok gun at a cheap price get a Savage or Marlin.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#5]
CZ455 for sure.  I have a savage and it'd fine, but you can do lot more tweaking to the cz.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a Savage FV-SR in a Boyd stock.  Nice shooter, but if I had to do it again I'd get the CZ in the Manners stock.

CZ 455 Varmint Precision Trainer Camo
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a Savage FV-SR in a Boyd stock.  Nice shooter, but if I had to do it again I'd get the CZ in the Manners stock.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with a RAR target because I also have a 10/22 and didn't want to have different mags. So far vary happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have both in a manners. I'd go the plain jane varmint model CZ
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]
If accuracy is at the top of your list Anshutz is what you desire. They make crazy good barrels and the triggers will easily beat out even the best aftermarket triggers that are made for savage and CZ gund. Not just better but in a whole different class.

Now a new Anshutz match gun is something like 2.5K and up depending on stock , options and the rate of exchange (german made).

However there are many used guns starting at $600-$800 plus optics or iron sights

Now the anshutz match guns might shoot like a dream but they may be way too heavy for the OPs intended
use. They make some sporters that are real nice but they are pretty rare and I wouldn't expect to find them on the used market.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Anshutz Biathlon modular rifles are very light - typically are iron site but that can be changed.

Again have a pickup truck loaded with cash while shopping.

I use Savage because I insist on a left hand action. And if my groups are under 1/2" I could care less if anyone beats that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 4:22:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Ruger American Rimfire Target. Nice laminate stock, threaded barrel, and it shares your 10/22 magazines.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 4:09:56 AM EDT
[#13]
CZ 455 American Suppressor Ready!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 4:29:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Super happy with the ruger, but I did drop a shameful amount of money on it just to keep from buying different mags! New stock and timney trigger, but neither were bad out of the box.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the CZ455 and a RAR.  I like the RAR because of the common mags but I put a Boyd's stock as the OEM non-target model stock is utter garbage, and Timney trigger in it.  Over all the CZ is a much better rifle and the only thing I needed to add/change was a DIP scope rail.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I went with a RAR target because I also have a 10/22 and didn't want to have different mags. So far vary happy with it.
View Quote
x2
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the Ruger American Predator with threaded barrel and love it
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a CZ455 its awesome but the magazines are ridiculous for the price
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
x2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
x2
* Edited to remove my question as its a bit of a threadjack
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
First off check and see if my suggestions have Threaded barrels.

If you want top of the line, Go Anshutz.
If you want a great gun at a decent price go CZ.
If you want a decent gun at a decent price get a Ruger American.
If you want an ok gun at a cheap price get a Savage or Marlin.
View Quote
I would disagree with that Marlin statement, Unless you are talking current production. Get yourself a 880SQ or a 2000  and it will shoot with, and probably surpass the CZ. Albeit a close fight. Neither one of these will leave my possession.  I would add an Izhmash/Vostok CM-2, Suhl 150 among others that won't break the bank like their higher priced german brethren. My CM-2 will out shoot every single one previously listed and that is open sights, where the others are scoped. Step up a notch and your are looking for Aschutz, feinwurkbau, and other custom actions. Now that I think about it some of the older Mossberg 144's can hold their own when you find the ammo they like although they are not in fashion these days.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Get yourself a 880SQ or a 2000  and it will shoot with, and probably surpass the CZ. Albeit a close fight.
View Quote
Hunh. I thought I was the only one with that specific combination of rimfire rifles........  

While accurate, the 880SQ trigger is no where near as good as the 2000L. Right out of the box, CZ rimfire triggers are pretty nice.

OP, don't overlook the Browning T-bolt as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top