Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 12:36:04 PM EDT
Anyone play with the 3 different springs Kidd sells?  I shoot mainly Gemtech 42 grain and CCI SV and have had some feeding issues  and the spent case getting caught by the bolt.  I used the standard spring last night with my new Kidd bolt, guide rod, and charging handle.  Ran better than with the factor bolt, but still not 100%.  Using the factory 10 round magazines, Kidd trigger, barrel, and SiCo Sparrow.  

I put the 10% reduced power spring in just now and will try it out this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I installed the volquartson extractor and have had zero issues with casings getting stuck since.

no experience with the kidd stuff...
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I installed the volquartson extractor and have had zero issues with casings getting stuck since.

no experience with the kidd stuff...
View Quote
Same here, but OP may already have a sharp aftermarket extractor if he changed to a Kidd bolt.  

For light loads, I highly recommend the CZ452 repair option.  Use a bolt gun.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Same here, but OP may already have a sharp aftermarket extractor if he changed to a Kidd bolt.  

For light loads, I highly recommend the CZ452 repair option.  Use a bolt gun.  
View Quote
Yeah, extraction isn't the issue.  Maybe it just needs to be broken in, everything is fairly new.  

I've got bolt guns covered with a Remington M41 and Winchester 72P, those shoot CCI Quiet just fine.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree break in the gun with a few hundred rounds or more.
But yes the lite Kidd spring will make the gun function better with lite sub sonic loads, but remember that your buffer is going to take a beating with a lite spring.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the factory bolt and just added the kit spring, guide rod and charging handle when I installed my kidd LW barrel. No my riffle has a lot of rounds through it so the factory bolt slides smoothly but I had no issue at all with SV or Gemtech and I have to factory extractor. I am using the recommended spring, I believe its the middle strength one.

As stated may need some more rounds through it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Run gemtech subs in my 10/2 with  factory bolt, Kidd middle spring and Kidd extractor no feeding issues at all. Also run gemtech subs in P22, 22/45 and tac sol 22 upper with 0 feeding issues.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I put a Kidd charging handle/spring kit and bolt into my Magnum Research 1722.  I only shoot CCI SV, and with the medium power spring, the gun has run flawlessly.  That was the first spring I tried, and so far I have no reason to mess with it.

I also dropped a Kidd single-stage trigger and Kidd recoil buffer into the rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top