Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 1:58:51 AM EDT
My 10/22 is completely stock with the black plastic stock.  The wrist angle is extremely uncomfortable for me, and induces very rapid fatigue in my strong hand.  I need something with a more 'vertical' grip for my strong hand.  I am considering just going to a 22lr AR-15 upper, but the money on that is pretty steep for a 22, and I already have a 10/22 on hand.  I want something that is lightweight, as close to the factory stock in weight as is practical, and is inletted for the standard barrel.

I'm also looking to swap the barrel out.  I'd like to get something about 16.5 inches, that is sporter contour, that is more accurate than the factory barrel.  I don't expect the sort of accuracy you'd get from a bull barrel or a benchrest bolt gun.  I'd like to achive 3/4 to 1 inch groups at 50 yards.  Does anyone make a standard contour barrel of decent quality?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:29:19 AM EDT
[#1]
My factory barrel is spot on. I would recommend the Hogue Overmolded Stock for the standard contour barrel. Before I dropped coin on a new barrel I would invest in a Kidd trigger kit @ coolgunguys.com. I put one in/my gun and what a difference a decent trigger makes. Also added the nylon buffer, extended magazine lever, and the bolt hold open latch. Made for a much nicer and more accurate shooting rifle. Or atleast it made it easier for me to shoot the rifle more accurately.  IM me if you want the details.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The Magpul Hunter X22 stock might be what you're looking for.

As for the barrel I suggest you send it to Randy at CPC for the full tune up. Best thing you can do to a standard 10/22 carbine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Magpul Hunter X22 stock might be what you're looking for.

As for the barrel I suggest you send it to Randy at CPC for the full tune up. Best thing you can do to a standard 10/22 carbine.
View Quote
The X22's wrist angle doesn't look to be anymore vertical than the factory stock. I don't think it solves the issue.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I would get a stock that works for you and then try the factory barrel out that you already have. They can be hit and missbut I have seen several factory barrels that shoot very well.

Blackhawk axiom is light weight.

Glacier Ridge thumbhole as well.

Tacstar adaptive tactical is another.

Choate makes stocks that are a little heavier than factory.

As far as Sported barrels go ER Shaw is very hit and miss I would avoid them without trying one first.

McGowen precision makes a nice sported contour barrel for about the same price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top