Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2017 12:05:05 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting this stock for my 10/22 TD and I am wondering if anyone has one they can comment on? I haven't seen a lot of reviews yet and the two I read on Amazon were not very good. They mention significant gaps at the receiver and a wobbly hand guard. Magpul is one of the best, so I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this stock being less than perfect...

Can anyone confirm this is a good fitting and solid stock? Anyone got one that can take a couple of pics at the back of the receiver and where the barrel fits inside of the hand guard. I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a solid, good fitting stock.  I had to go read the Amazon reviews just to see what their complaints were with the stock.  I do agree that the gap in the back of the receiver is there but I don't think it is excessive and it pretty much is consistent with the gap that most Magpul X-22 stocks have.  It also does have extra room in the barrel channel for a bull barrel but the forearm is so short it doesn't really matter much.  The stock fits very tightly around the receiver and the forearm piece fits very tightly around the takedown lever block, so no wobble exists in the stock.  The receiver gap and forearm has never triggered my OCD and I'm in love with the stock.  I had never heard of it until I saw them at the NRA show in Atlanta and I immediately started to look for one.  That is exactly how the 10/22 should come from the factory, and I think Magpul hit it out of the park with this design.  I have included photos of mine so that you can decide for yourself if the gaps are something you can live with or not.  My barrel is a TacSol SBX but it has a standard 10/22 barrel profile, not the .920.

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If I could get that with an integrally suppressed barrel, I'd be the happiest camper.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I could get that with an integrally suppressed barrel, I'd be the happiest camper.
View Quote
Like... this?  

Liberty Pinnacle-2 barrel.  Of course, over the past 2 years I've spent an embarrasing amount of money putting it together - way more than I would have been willing to pay if it had been an "all at once" purchase.

-bob
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:11:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked one up and have been super impressed, the in stock storage is cool, I like the magpul plastic and texture, and overall another great magpul product. I'd like to find a folding charging handle for it, but other than that I'll pick up an integral at some point for it as well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Like... this?  

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w417/Raeth1997/BackpackerX22/IMG_20170516_195112_zps3cttopf7_edit_1494981675756_zpswce6wuhc.jpg

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w417/Raeth1997/BackpackerX22/IMG_20170525_193748_zpshkf3obrg.jpg

Liberty Pinnacle-2 barrel.  Of course, over the past 2 years I've spent an embarrasing amount of money putting it together - way more than I would have been willing to pay if it had been an "all at once" purchase.

-bob
View Quote
Dude, IM me with the info on that!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent stock, no movement in the fore end if the barrel is on properly and the locking nut is tight. Excellent stock with usually magpul quality.  A million times better than the factory stock.  I recommend it for sure!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the replies and the pictures. I appreciate it.

I am not too OCD about how it looks, I am more concerned how it functions and it sounds like it functions very well. In fact, I like the looks of Magpul's standard 10/22 stock much better, but this is for a carry rifle, so weight and size play a big role. I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on one and it will be rattle canned within a day or two...

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Can you put a sling on these?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can you put a sling on these?
View Quote
Yes, you can but you will have to buy the sling mount kit from Magpul.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you for the replies and the pictures. I appreciate it.

I am not too OCD about how it looks, I am more concerned how it functions and it sounds like it functions very well. In fact, I like the looks of Magpul's standard 10/22 stock much better, but this is for a carry rifle, so weight and size play a big role. I am going to go ahead and pull the trigger on one and it will be rattle canned within a day or two...

Thanks again!
View Quote
If you haven't bought one yet, check out buds. With requesting a price match you can get it down to $84.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Any idea if a can such as the DA Mask would fit in the storage in the stock? 
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#12]
It might but you would have to do some dremeling.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Just FYI, grovetec rotation limited cups and a 9/16x18UNF finish tap are way cheaper than the magpul cups and rotation limited. Much better solution. Midway has 2 cups for like $8. Tap from amazon or ebay.

filling out the paper work for a gemtech mist for mine this week. Love this thing!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Like your idea!  Are these the two items that are needed?

Tap?

Swivel Cups?

I have a FDE stock on the way
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Those are the cups, work great. Best to use a bottom/finish tap, but that one you posted would work, might have to muscle them in, that one won't cut threads all the way down

https://www.amazon.com/IRWIN-1549ZR-Tap-18Nf-Bottom/dp/B000JG6C3Y?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#17]
jt526, thanks for the link and tip!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a tap handle, but just grabbed a handier socket wrench and a socket the right size for the tap, eyeballed the straightness and started tapping. Took 5 minutes to do both, the cups have an Allen key sized hole, so super simple to install with a little blue just in case locktite. If theynend up wiggling any, i'll step up my game to red locktite or just jb weld them in. Just don't tighten too much or you'll strip the threads , but even then epoxy would sort you right out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top