Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2017 10:01:32 PM EDT
My brother bought me a 10/22 takedown for my birthday when they first came out and I'd like to now return the favor. I know he's wanted a boat gun for some time, he's talked about going up to the San juans.

I am thinking that a standard stainless takedown model, with hi viz F/O sights that mount on the barrel. Any suggestions on a sight that is durable and not necessarily a folding rear?

I am thinking a magpul back packer stock painted in safety yellow, and snagging him a Safety yellow Mora and a Siege Yellow AA Lantern. Probably a small hand held light in safety yellow as well. Would make a cool kit for his boat
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone think it would fit in this Plano XLdiagonally?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone think it would fit in this Plano XLdiagonally?
View Quote
No.  Lay out the two halves of your takedown, side by side.  You'll see you need a storage area of about 20.25" by maybe 9" (depending on how close together you store the two halves).
That Plano case has internal dimensions of 18.75" x 14.25".  Even if you place the rifle halves at a diagonal, there won't be room.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Three letters come to mind...

SBR
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Three letters come to mind...

SBR
View Quote
Wouldn't recommend an NFA item for a boat gun.  Charger take-down with a brace?  Sure thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wouldn't recommend an NFA item for a boat gun.  Charger take-down with a brace?  Sure thing.
View Quote
That's a hell of an idea. I'll have to explore that a bit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a cool idea.

To make it extra durable buy the stainless model and have the receiver and barrel duracoated in black.

Also go ahead and buy him the threaded version. Well worth the extra few bucks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or a regular Charger with a folding adapter and brace/blade.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top