Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
they're not cheap but Leupold makes a really good 2-7x rimfire scope

I have one on my Ruger American Rimfire that I'm pretty impressed with

They also make a fixed 4x that I've read is pretty good as well
View Quote
I've really had my eye on that fixed 4x for a while.  Leupold is quality, and the fixed 4x doesn't break the bank too hard.  The fixed 4x isn't overly heavy to encumber a lightweight 22, good glass, and the magnification is enough to make target identification at distance easier without being too much magnification for close range shots.

The 2-7 would probably be better if you're punching out groups, but the fixed 4x strikes me as an ideal hunting or general use optic.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like my BSA Sweet 17 scope on my Savage Mark II 93 FV 17 HMR.  BSA also makes a Sweet 22 with an adjustable objective just like the one for my 17 HMR.  The scopes have calibrated turrets so you can adjust for distance shooting.  Pretty cool to hit a water filled milk jug at 300 yards with a 17 HMR on the first shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top