Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 4:17:53 PM EDT
Stopped by Cal Ranch the other day looking for 22 ammo, and they had some clearance firearms that were marked 10% off the clearance price (on a one day sale).  This Savage FVSR caught my eye, having seen the TwangNBang review of the Dead Air Mask, which is currently in NFA jail.  Ended up walking away. Immediately regretted my decision, but was at work already, and couldn't make it in.

I decided that the price was still pretty good, so I went back before work yesterday. Guy at the counter rang it up, and tells me it's been marked down again, this time even lower than the day before.  Paid $196 before tax, $216 out the door. So how'd I do?

Now I just have to decide on a scope. I'm leaning towards the Sig Sauer Whiskey 3 3-9x40 (found an awesome deal on it). Any experience or other options I should consider? A Boyd's Tacticool stock will also be in the works soon (also at TwangNBang's recommendation)

@QuietRiot11 :
You cost me money. Again. But I love your videos and can't stop watching them, so I'm sure it's not the last time.

Rules followed:
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it might be my favorite rifle to shoot. Mine has a Trijicon 3-9 on it, which is overkill but who cares. Also a big old bipod and my thread on can whenever I'm at the range. A few minutes with this quietly plinking at 100 yards and I'm a happy camper.

I want to upgrade the stock and eventually paint it all tacticool too, but just not worth it at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Best 22 youll ever own.

Now get a real stock.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best 22 youll ever own.

Now get a real stock.
View Quote
In the works. I just fent on the Sig Whiskey 3. Optics Planet had it for $123 shipped. I'm tapped out for a few months on the gun budget, but that is next on the list when it get replenished.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine. Wife has stolen it.

PS now you need an Oculus
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Best 22 youll ever own.

Now get a real stock.
View Quote
That would be the CZ455.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#6]
My favorite rifle to shoot. Throw a suppressor on it and prepare to giggle like a little girl
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#7]
My scope came in last night. Seems like a nice quality offering with very clear glass. Normally I'm a Vortex guy, but I couldn't pass the deal on the Sig. Got it mounted before heading off to work. No time to shoot it yet.  Sadly, it may be a few weeks before I get a chance since I'm working nights and in the last two months of paramedic school.

I've been looking closely at the Boyd's stock. Are there any other worthwhile options I should consider?

Now with glass:
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
At least two extra 10 round mags.

I put a bipod on mine- excellent fun with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I was zeroing mine yesterday for CCI Quiet.  It is about as close to being inaudible as you can get.  Was using a Gemtech Outback IID.

Attachment Attached File

I don't think the stuff is particularly accurate, but I also suspect that my $30 Wal-Mart special scope had its parallax set no where close to the 25 meters that I was shooting.

Attachment Attached File

Have been looking for a decent variable to put on it as 4x just isn't working for me any more.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#10]
It's a nice looking gun.  How does it compare to the Ruger American Rimfire?  I've been looking at one of them as a suppressor host rodent slayer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#11]
following to see if there are any good stocks. Mine has been fun again this week, causing grown old men to giggle at the range. can't beat that!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I really love my FV-SR, it's a riot with a can and subs. The factory stock is livable with a cheek riser, it certainly makes for a light package, but I finally got a Boyds Pro Varmint for mine, feels like a real rifle now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I put this cheek rest on mine.  Makes it way more comfortable to shoot:
amazon cheek rest
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I took mine out for the first time recently. I have a SLR aero 22 can for it and I scored a like new nikom rimfire for $40 shipped of the EE. I did highly consider just putting a red dot on it instead of glass however.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was zeroing mine yesterday for CCI Quiet.  It is about as close to being inaudible as you can get.  Was using a Gemtech Outback IID.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3906/20151021-095742-205481.JPG

I don't think the stuff is particularly accurate, but I also suspect that my $30 Wal-Mart special scope had its parallax set no where close to the 25 meters that I was shooting.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3906/20170509-120634-205484.JPG

Have been looking for a decent variable to put on it as 4x just isn't working for me any more.
View Quote
How much bullet drop were you seeing with the quiet at 25m?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Congrats, OP.  Don't forget to pick up some WD-40 and steel wool.  'Cause that bitch is gonna rust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top