Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2017 11:59:03 PM EDT
Looking to get a new 10/22 TD host.

Was looking at the standard barrel models, the target and the lite? Ive heard TDs are less accurate and I should just get the base model threaded and be happy?

Looking for suggestions. Not sure but I may put a magpul stock on one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Davidson's # 11125

It has a 16" threaded barrel and weighs less than the lite.

Also comes with a BX-25.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:34:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I won a non threaded barrel stainless version from Ruger last year and have been wondering whether to keep it stock or do something with it so this is interesting to me.

Ruger just released a new TD version with a threaded "heavy barrel".  It also has the stock where you can swap out the butt end for comb height depending on whether you are shooting irons or optics.  Personally if I were going to suppress a TD that's the one I would buy.  The reviews say the "heavy barrel" really isn't that heavy and balances it out pretty well.

I can't say what the accuracy is from the stock TD as I've still not even fired mine.  I recently added a Nikon scope a QD rings so it can be disassembled and still fit everything in the bag.  I gotta say it's a pretty sweet set up.  The only thing missing on mine is the threading but for free it's hard to beat.  I'd also love to put a BX trigger in mine but don't have the spare $$.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a SBX barrel on mine, and a AGP side folder.
I have the max amount of slop out of the barrel lock.

It is OK, but not as good as my fixed 10/22's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top