Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2017 9:48:32 PM EDT
What can you tell me about this 10/22? In particular, I'm interested in the barrel shroud, abbreviated forend, and stock. Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like the stock is a cut down factory.  Looks illegal unles it has a stamp. That poor ruger
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah factory stock chopped down. Some type of handguard fitted on the top and looks like one of the EEZ cheek pads stuck on.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like shit is what it looks like and is illegal without a stamp as another poster mentioned.

Terrible way to mess up a decent gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't have the rest of the Small Arms Review article it was in?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a hunch, but it's probably chambered in 22LR

Barrel shroud looks like it's Choate
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You don't have the rest of the Small Arms Review article it was in?
View Quote
No, is that what it was in? A friend emailed me the pic. Can you tell me more?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:40:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Some one went full stupid on it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:41:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Green and red dots on the trigger guard, select fire?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah,chopped factory stock.

I will take a wild guess that it is set up to mount a can so somebody did a SBR stamp and went with a short barrel to keep the overall length reasonable when the can was mounted. If the guy who did the work doesn't have the proper FFL or didn't get the stamps he is a idiot

Now let me think a bit about the huge drum mag. I do believe at some point there was some type of system to make a 10/22 full auto. Again , very stupid without the proper papers. If full auto the barrel shroud and the huge drum make all the sense in the world.

I would shoot it for fun a couple of times
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Green and red dots on the trigger guard, select fire?
View Quote
I noticed that too.

It's probably made from a really old machinegun - pre- May 1986, in fact.

While I am not an expert on the NFA, I believe the old policy on machineguns was:

- an NFA machinegun registration included a "free" SBR if the owner registered it that way (ie - only one NFA tax stamp required).

Same thing with fully automatic cannons over .50 caliber: they were registered as destructive devices, but did not require a "machinegun" NFA stamp.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top