Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 8:48:34 PM EDT
Are there any recommendations for an upgraded extractor for a factory bolt.  I recently upgraded to a 16.5" Kidd lightweight barrel threaded for my suppressor that is still in NFA red tape jail. I'm having problems extracting unfired cheap Winchester bulk bullets. I'm guessing due to the tighter match chamber and poor quality control. Should I go with volquartsen, Kidd? Anyone else?  I hope the $10 -$15 part will fix this due to having thousands of rounds of this lot of ammo and the frequent pest control needed at my wooded lot in the country.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Either one will serve you well, I have the Volquartsen in mine. 

If you're dealing with the original bolt you can always send it to CPC  [url=http://www.ct-precision.com/]for his headspace and bolt work, he sells and installs an EDM tool steel extractor.

[/url]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a few boxes of Win bulk lead HP that won't chamber in some guns.

My RAR and TD eat it, 10/22 70p and single six I can't even get them in the chamber.

I think I have  a volquartzen, however you spell it, in my 10/22.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been using a Power Custom extractor with a Volquartsen barrel, it works very well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Tactical Solutions has been good to me, haven't had a failure to extract since buying them for my 22/45 and 10/22

ETA appropriate post count for this post 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am in complete agreement about your tight chamber comment.

I used a Volquartsen
View Quote

Same. I run one with a stock barrel and one with a VQ barrel.  No chamber issues though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the comments. I think I'll try the volquartsen.

After re reading my post I just wanted to clarify in case it sounded bad. The poor quality control was meant at the ammo not the Kidd barrel. I love that barrel. It is right up there with the Anschutz 54 heavy barrel I used to have.   I can't wait to get some more varieties of match ammo to see what it is capable of. I forgot how much I loved having a 22 that shot better than I can. If I miss now it's me no more excuses
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with KIDD for mine. I was already ordering some parts from them and just added it on.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I ended up getting the kidd extractor because it was a better deal. I couldn't be happier. It completely fixed my problems. I waited to post this to make sure it Kept working with all ammo I had. I wish I had the money for a complete kidd supergrade now. I am impressed with everything I have gotten from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top