Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2017 12:18:15 PM EDT
For those of you who have installed one, did you do anything with that small ridge at the front of the insert you flip for bull barrels?  Mine pushes up on the barrel slightly and rubs the sleeve when your rotate it off.  Just wondering if you guys sanded that down so nothing is touching or if it isn't a big deal.

BTW, the combo is pretty sweet.

Pics:

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest. I have the YHM and stock waiting for my reciever to show up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I sanded it down on mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you like your receiver?  I've been looking at those pretty hard.  Is yours aluminum or ss?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Fit, finish, and machining are excellent. I can't imagine what a Kidd would provide over this, especially for the premium.

I went with aluminum and liked the idea of the integrated rail.

Aesthetically, the hump in the rear is different, and the giant 'ELITE 22' etched on the side is not my style, but those are minor in the scheme of things.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I sanded mine down too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm building an intergal barrel for my 10/22 and will be using the magpul stock. I dremeled the that piece until the barrel was free floating.

James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top