Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2017 7:22:35 PM EDT
My localshop sent out an email saying they had 15 10/22 takedown models at a real good price. Happened to be in the area and went by to check it out.

275 out the door. While I was asking about it there were 4 customers currently buying them, so I figured what the hell.

Did I do good? Any issues I need to be aware of? It'll be suppressed eventually. Is the included rail decent?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
$275 is a good price, now the question is are you going to keep it stock or start upgrading parts?

10/22's and rimfires in general can be an addiction, some say it's as bad as brd. 

Whatever you do, don't hang out here, Rimfire Central It'll end up costing you a lot of money.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$275 is a good price, now the question is are you going to keep it stock or start upgrading parts?

10/22's and rimfires in general can be an addiction, some say it's as bad as brd. 

Whatever you do, don't hang out here, Rimfire Central It'll end up costing you a lot of money.
View Quote
Short of more mags and mounting a scope, the trigger is the only other thing I may or may not change. Unless there's some parts which are always changed. I.e; the safety on the Cz evo
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Good price, really cool gun.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends which one you got for that. If it has the threaded barrel,  it's a better deal.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Short of more mags and mounting a scope, the trigger is the only other thing I may or may not change. Unless there's some parts which are always changed. I.e; the safety on the Cz evo
View Quote
The only "must do" is a better trigger in my opinion. There are a lot of choices - from mild to wild.

I think you did great - my 10/22 TD is one of my favorite range toys - I also use it in the local Rimfire Steel matches, and it is great!

Have fun,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
First thing I did was a Kidd single stage. Awesome trigger. Might be overkill, I will probably move it to a more accurate normal 10/22 sometime.

Make sure you tighten the ring on the receiver pretty tight too.

Don't expect tight groups, it can be accurate enough but mainly it's convenient, compact, and fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Depends which one you got for that. If it has the threaded barrel,  it's a better deal.
View Quote
Has the A2 looking flashider. Didn't check to see if it was removable but I assume/hope it is?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Has the A2 looking flashider. Didn't check to see if it was removable but I assume/hope it is?
View Quote
It is, mine screwed off by hand without a tool needed but some are pretty tight.
Be sure and read your manual, not supposed to shoot Stingers in these.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#9]
You went to engage didn't you

I love going by their shop. If I hadn't bought my takedown not even a week prior I would have gone to them. Poor timing for me
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#10]
TDs are great.  Add in a Kidd Trigger as mentioned above.  They are pricey, but definitely an improvement.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You went to engage didn't you

I love going by their shop. If I hadn't bought my takedown not even a week prior I would have gone to them. Poor timing for me
View Quote
LOL you know brewtus too?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Also the OEM rail. I'll probably be throwing a holosun red dot or PA .22 scope.

The rail decent enough for either option?

I understand with the TD accuracy isn't the best, I just want to make sure the rail isn't straight garbage.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also the OEM rail. I'll probably be throwing a holosun red dot or PA .22 scope.

The rail decent enough for either option?

I understand with the TD accuracy isn't the best, I just want to make sure the rail isn't straight garbage.
View Quote
I used the rail it came with and am happy with it so far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Looks great, enjoy!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:26:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I might have been one of the four, so far I replaced the auto bolt release and bolt buffer. Next will be the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I used the rail it came with and am happy with it so far.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/299060/IMG-1440-184402.JPG
View Quote
So apparently the HUNTER X-22 TAKEDOWN STOCK fits just fine in the factory case.  That must be a tight fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top