Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 9:09:38 PM EDT
Want to know what my 22 handgun options are for ones that I can get extended stick mags for?

Needs to have a threaded barrel.

Also, which extended stick mags are reliable?  I'm not really interested in drum mags.

Need gun and mag that are inexpensive.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Tec-22
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
9mm of your choice and a bullet-casting setup.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Want to know what my 22 handgun options are for ones that I can get extended stick mags for?

Needs to have a threaded barrel.

Also, which extended stick mags are reliable?  I'm not really interested in drum mags.

Need gun and mag that are inexpensive.
View Quote

Depending on what state you live in - you can pick up a stripped AR-15 lower for under $50.00 bucks, a stripped upper for about the same. A AR-15 Lower Parts Kit is $60.00ish. A CMMG 4.5" barrel & bolt set will run you $230.00 from Optics Planet on sale. Good Handguards can be bought for $70.00

So - let's see...  $50.00+$50.00+$60.00+$230.00+70.00 = $460

25 round magazines from CMMG run around $25.00 each. Some folks buy an adapter so they can run the S&W M&P 15/22 mags - my CMMG stuff works fine so far.

So - for around $500.00 you can have a good working 22LR pistil that uses "stick" magazines - only you can decide what is "inexpensive" to you.  

Most regular 22LR handguns have a magazine capacity of 10-12 rounds - how important are extended mags to you?

Here is my AR-15 22LR build as above, but I went the full SBR route to have a shoulder stock...

Have fun,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruger Charger pistol.

If you're looking for an actual 'mag in the grip' pistol, I'm not aware of anyone that has reliable & inexpensive hi cap mags. Almost all are single stack, and 12 rounds is usually the max.

I'm assuming you want a threaded barrel to suppress, so a PMR-30 .22wmr pistol (30 round capacity with factory flush mags) isn't what you're looking for. Shame that there's not a .22lr version of that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
M&Pc 22 mags can be modified to hold 15 rounds each.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Reliable ten round mags are far superior to the iffy increased capacity mags. I might suggest a smith and Wesson 422. These are discontinued but can often be found used under 300. The barrel nut can be removed and swapped for a thread adaptor. The barrel rides under the recoil spring so the sight line with the stock sights clears the suppressor so no special sights are required. They made a limited number of 12 round mags for them. You can still buy the followers to allow 12 rounds or mod the 10 round followers for the increased capacity. These pistols are extremely accurate and reliable.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I Will piggyback on this post instead of making a new one. Im also looking for a .22 handgun. Doesnt need to be inexpensive,, under $600 though, threaded barrel, pic rail on top (probably red dot) im looking at the SW victory or the Ruger .22/45 lite or tactical.... or Browning Buckmark.? im thinking silenced, red dot .22 handgun will be good for the wife (to keep away small predators and put down animals if need be)

I already have a sw ar15-22 but wife says its too "big"
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
My 0.02

I hav owned both the. Browning and the Ruger.

Both have their benefits and cons.

Trigger and ease of disassembly go to the browning(expect for the new Mark IV Ruger).

Ruger you don't need to get another barrel if you want it light weight.

Browning the barrel is not serialized.

Ruger surpresses a little better.

Ruger has more aftermarket support especially holsters

Reliability has been better with my Browning but not by much

Accuracy is slightly better in the browning but that may be due to the better trigger.

Overall I still have the browning but to do it over again with all the new Ruger models I would probably go Ruger and get a TandemKross trigger and volquartsen hammer and a slide racker knob and be done with it.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]
RUGER MARK 4!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top