Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2017 5:25:45 PM EDT
Had a gunsmith thread my .920 16" Green Mountain Barrel.  Something went wrong because its shooting several feet high at 100yds.

Should I get the same barrel again and have Green Mountain do the threading or pick something else.  What factory threaded .920 barrels are more accurate (not that the GM barrel wasn't accurate)?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I doubt any machining would cause that. What ever the issue is, I'd try recutting/crowning your existing barrel before buying a new one.
View Quote
the barrel was 16".  I guess after recutting/threading i'd have to register as an SBR.

The gun shoots tight groups without the can, feet high with the can on.

To rule out the suppressor i shot groups using it on my FV-SR and there was ZERO POI shift.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sounds like it wasn't threaded concentric. It can be fixed, but would cost $150. you may as well buy a new barrel.
View Quote
thats what i'm thinking.  I don't trust the local gunsmith that fucked it up to fix it.  I'd rather get my money back and buy another barrel.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear that.

It's a shame you can't trust some local gunsmiths to do anything, but some people still say they're the best

I've had bad work done too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
That sucks OP

If you liked the way the GM barrel shot then just get another one but threaded by GM this time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#7]
You can get a Kidd barrel already threaded. That way you know it's done by the same people that made the quality barrel. They also offer light weight threaded barrels.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can get a Kidd barrel already threaded. That way you know it's done by the same people that made the quality barrel. They also offer light weight threaded barrels.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had good luck with Kidd and Tacsol
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
+2
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Going with this.

I have 2 of their threaded barrels and both are fantastic. Bull SS barrel and a ultra light fluted aluminum sleeved.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
+2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+2
+10

I have the threaded LW version.  Stupid accurate.  I cant shoot it as good as its capable of performing.  

3 shot groups at 50 yards last weekend.  No bench rest:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#13]
^^^That's some nice grouping there.
I'd be happy with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top