Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 9:51:45 PM EDT
Going through fatalwishes' gun safe, came across this w/ the other 10/22 mags.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

What does the slider on the back of the mag do?  Activate the rifle's mag release?

What does the floorplate allow you to do?  Add loose ammo in the bottom?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a 10/22 mag.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Boy have not seen one of those for years, Eagle is still around, but they have redesigned their magazines, those were some of the first attempts as high cap mags for the 10/22.  You could empty the mag with the door on the bottom, I don't remember what the side thing was for, you might be right to release the magazine.  That one is a 10 rounder, but there was some others that had higher capacity.  You used to see them pop up on Armslist and Ebay quite often do a google search of Eagle Quick Release magazine part number 2230
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#3]
The slider on the back is to help hit the mag release on the older 10/22's that did not have the extended mag release. I found it more cumbersome to use and usually broke them off. They do not work with many of the popular extended releases used today.

I have never figured out what the floor plate is for, my best thought was access for cleaning.

I have a few 10rd mags like that and a pile of 30rd mags that do not have the mag release slider. I have found them to be very reliable mags until the feedlips crack and they all do eventually. I have superglued them back together when I can find the pieces that broke off and they hold up for several more rounds. CDNN was selling the 30rd mags for like $4 a few years ago and I picked up several.

This is one mag that you do not want to store loaded, the feed lips will crack or even break off from the spring pressure.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw several of the extended mags today for $10/ea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top