Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2017 12:40:38 PM EDT
Looking to pick up an inexpensive .22wmr rifle, I already stockpile .22wmr for my PMR-30. Just a range toy.

So far I like the Savage 93, the Ruger American, and the Chiappa Little Badger.

Always had good luck with Savage & Ruger.. The Savage Accu trigger seems to get good reviews.

The Chiappa is the wild card here. Just a single shot, but I like single shots for their simplicity. The pic rails does make it optics ready. but never heard a lot of great things about Chiappa quality. It's just for punching holes in paper but if it can't shoot as well as my .22lr Remington Speedmaster it's a waste of ammo. It's the cheapest too.

Staying under $250, any more than that and I'll just jump up to a CZ 512 or an RMR-30 carbine.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't say much about the Savage or the Chiappa but can say a lot about the Ruger. My son and I both have a 22 WMR version. Both will shoot close to 1" @ 100 yards with their favorite ammo, mine is under 1.25" with 3 types. Excellent triggers right out of the box, and easily adjusted if so desired. Interchangeable stock modules make changing length of pull and comn height a breeze. Receiver is grooved for rimfire rings and also drilled and tapped for Weaver bases, some versions also have pic rail installed. Some versions are also threaded for suppressors.
We really like them, in addition to the 2 22WMRs we also have a 17 HMR and 3 22lr versions. In fact, I used mine in the Official SHTF Challenge optical sighted rifle division.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Cricket

Cricket
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have a Marlin 25MN, it was a decent rifle I paid $125 for and another $50 to have it threaded and the front sight set back. It fell into disuse and I kind of regret selling it a few years ago. I replaced it this year with a threaded Ruger AR Predator model. Been pretty happy with the RAR other than the price of magazines
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't say much about the Savage or the Chiappa but can say a lot about the Ruger. My son and I both have a 22 WMR version. Both will shoot close to 1" @ 100 yards with their favorite ammo, mine is under 1.25" with 3 types. Excellent triggers right out of the box, and easily adjusted if so desired. Interchangeable stock modules make changing length of pull and comn height a breeze. Receiver is grooved for rimfire rings and also drilled and tapped for Weaver bases, some versions also have pic rail installed. Some versions are also threaded for suppressors.
We really like them, in addition to the 2 22WMRs we also have a 17 HMR and 3 22lr versions. In fact, I used mine in the Official SHTF Challenge optical sighted rifle division.
View Quote

I just ordered this rifle from CDNN SPORTS.  Ruger #8323  It is on sale for $229.99 + $19.74 for shipping, comes in at under $250.00.  All the reviews I've read were 4 star + .  They even have the threaded barrel available.  The 18" barrel makes it a very compact varmit rifle to carry on the 4 wheeler.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Savage 93 that I'm happy with. Haven't shot it much but the times I have it's capable of moa at 100 yards with CCI ammo and a 3-9 scope. I paid 280 got a heavy barrel and wood stock model but I think they have a less expensive configuration too
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the 22WMR - I have a Ruger 77/22 with full stock bought from Lipsey's. I wish the ammo were cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Little Badger in .22 and love it. so many ways to accessorize it and accurate as well..
Huck
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top