Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 1:45:44 AM EDT
I've got a Magnum Research barrel, a bunch of Volquartsen parts, and a Ruger/Hogue stock. What would be the best current production 10/22 receiver to use a a starting point for those parts?

The receiver the barrel was on, the Volquartsen kit is just a spare, was an old production 10/22T. I kept the original parts and will be returning that receiver to near stock condition. I'm left with a bunch of extras. It's either that or I need to pass on the spiral fluted stainless barrel and laminate stock. They are taking up room.

Should I ditch (read as mothball until I find a good deal/trade on another 10/22) the Hogue stock and go with a takedown setup? I would like a takedown in my collection.

I haven't bought a 10/22 in a very long time. The last 10/22 part I bought was a Troy chassis several years ago. I will also need suggestions for a base rifle to fill that chassis out with, otherwise I'll need to get that thing out of my way as well.

I'm not familiar with whats out there these days. Plastic trigger parts and all...
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Magnum Research receiver, but you would need to like the high integrated scope rail.

From what I've read, the Kidd receivers are top notch.  I don't have firsthand experience with them, but love the Kidd single-stage trigger group that sits in the MR receiver.  I also have a Kidd bolt, guide rod & springs and recoil buffer in the rifle.

Have fun with your build.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd take a look at the FJ Feddersen receivers.  He released them recently and did a give away on another forum (centered towards rimfire ...)

Some of the users have very positive feedback up on that board
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Mag Research 22WMR and the previous poster is right. It is a nice receiver but not if you like a really low scope due to the integral rail setup. I used low rings and it was still a bit high for me but I made it work. It's a great gun but I can't suppress it because the carbon fiber barrel can't be threaded, so its for sale. Silence everything!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got a stripped receiver from Nodak Spud. I like it. $165 + transfer fee at the local FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top