Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2017 9:01:55 PM EDT
First, yes, I realize this is making an sbr. Before I go through the tax stamp hassle I want to see what options there are and which Charger is a better choice - standard or takedown.

I've been google searching but not finding much about dropping a charger receiver/barrel into a rifle stock. It seems like any 10/22 stock should work (as long as not longer than the barrel) but I can't verify that.

Has anyone done this or plan to and what stock did you select?

Other than being able to take down and store, any benefit to the takedown charger model? It's already small.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I sbr'd my charger, when I first got my stamp approved I just put it in a standard 10-22 takedown stock without changing the front handguard and it was fine, but I ended up with an AGP folding stock because I wanted it to fit inside a backpack. I love the agp rear stock but I'm not as fond of their handguard. It's currently sporting my .30 cal form 1 can but I bought a commercial .22 can that's still in jail that will be much smaller. I've been swapping out optics a lot as well on it but I prefer a scope over red dots. I plan on getting the Leupold vx rimfire eventually to save some more size and weight.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I was thinking of trying the Magpul X-22 Backpacker Stock but wasn't sure if the Charger would fit both in the receiver area and then length of the barrel in the forearm.

From your experience sounds like the receiver should fit in any 10/22 stock. I'll need to figure out about the barrel section and forearm.

Not totally sold on that stock, but haven't found much else yet I like.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
As someone who has had multiple stocks, as in 5 on his 1022 and norell pack go with the pmca stock and side folder. I have a few stocks I can sell as well but this is by far the best I have had
Couple shitty pics.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the pics. Not entirely sure I like the rail on those and how the hand guard attaches. I do kind of like the Nordic chassis as it seems more streamlined, but it's more expensive.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/ar22-3-piece-stock-kit-for-ruger-1022/
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the pics. Not entirely sure I like the rail on those and how the hand guard attaches. I do kind of like the Nordic chassis as it seems more streamlined, but it's more expensive.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/ar22-3-piece-stock-kit-for-ruger-1022/
View Quote

If you are set on the Nordic, sell the charger and get a AR lower to SBR. Will be the same price as a charger with stocks ECT when done and you can change calibers.

I have done both and just my 2¢
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm, hadn't thought of that. I sort of just want a charger though and then down the road do the conversion. Guess I could do both.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Slick. Any pic of how you did the chop and attach?

I was also thinking about the Magpul backpacker stock. I think a takedown charger would drop in. Just not sure if the barrel would be longer than the forearm. Downside is no adjustable stock but that's probably not that important.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:58:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the directions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I got my stamp back for my charger a few weeks ago and will put it in the backpacker stock. I have one preordered.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I was thinking of an underfolder stock to help keep the profile down in a pack or bag.  Has anyone used an underfolder with the charger?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top