Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2017 12:43:53 PM EDT
My daughters each have Savage Rascal rifles, but the things are hard as hell to zero with any degree of precision due to their rear sights.

You loosen the aperture by its thumbscrew then slide it left or right for windage. No clicks makes this a bit of a pain for fine adjustment.

Anyone who owns one of these: do you use an aftermarket sight or have you found a way to zero one in a precise way?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting if someone has an answer.

I also found that the sight will come loose unless you use a pair of pliers to tighten the screw, so makes it extra hard to try to adjust anything.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Neighbors daughter has one, I took the sight off and imprinted the mounts side with a checkering file which helped with looseness. She ended up putting a cheap mount on the rear and a TR 25 knock off red dot on it that I got on Amazon for $22 bucks and she loves it. The sight has a similar mount as a old redfield that I have but the thread pattern is larger which would require tapping the receiver side for a 8 screw size I believe.

Sight sucks to be honest, buy a scope mount and stick the knockoff red dot on it for $30 total is my suggestion after messing with it for a hour.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neighbors daughter has one, I took the sight off and imprinted the mounts side with a checkering file which helped with looseness. She ended up putting a cheap mount on the rear and a TR 25 knock off red dot on it that I got on Amazon for $22 bucks and she loves it. The sight has a similar mount as a old redfield that I have but the thread pattern is larger which would require tapping the receiver side for a 8 screw size I believe.

Sight sucks to be honest, buy a scope mount and stick the knockoff red dot on it for $30 total is my suggestion after messing with it for a hour.
View Quote

I may end up doing this but I really want the irons to work.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I got two of them yesterday for my youngest two sons, and took a few minutes to zero them. Later on, I noticed they weren't getting hits like they were before, and both of their rear sites had become very loose. Next time, I'm going to bring some blue Loctite and see if I can use that. At least the elevation is still good, for now. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top