Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2017 2:55:14 AM EDT
They're so cheap and the reviews so good, that I said screw it and ordered two. Multiple reviews stating that the optic is almost identical to the older Primary Arms dots, and passed several torture test videos on Youtube.

I just wanted to throw one on my 522 and get back to plinking with it, now that .22 is widely available. I ordered a second with 1" riser for my range toy AR pistol.

If these were firearms that I wanted to depend on, I would get something better. For plinking time the bargain seems to be irresistible. Has anyone tried one of these?

FieldSport Red Dot - Amazon

Budget $20 Red Dot Keeps on Going !!! - YouTube
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a three page thread in the optics section in the AR-15 tab.   http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/703581_Super-budget-red-dot--now-with-pics--.html

My Wife gave me the Red/Green version for Christmas with the High Mount from UTG.  This mount give absolute/exact co-witness on my Tavor and lower third cowitness on my AR-15.  My .50 UTG riser gave me exact/absolute cowitness on my AR-15.   I wanted to try this size optic so I figured this was a cheap way to find out if I like this size.  The Field Sport is suprisingly good for the price.   I'll probably keep mine on a 22 LR AR-15.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
i grabbed two after reading good things about them here. one is on my ar22 pistol the other is on ar9 pistol. both have been gtg so far on utg mid risers for absolute co witness
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, read the three page thread. I am definitely going to get one for my 15-22! Might have to get one for my 300BLK too.

Good find.

JPK
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and battery life sucks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info I did not notice the three page thread.

For a plinker these are really a great deal, interested to see how they hold up and what the battery life is.

I ordered both a 1" and 1/2" cheap UTG riser - 1" is supposed to be cowitness on standard A2 sights, the 1/2" riser may or may not cowitness with the Williams irons on my Sig 522.

The only thing I notice right off the bat that I don't like is that the base is not replacable like the PA dot. Also I have read a few comments that the small screws anchoring the brightness adjuster like to back out when used on centerfire rifle cartridges, but the fix is to just reassemble them with blue loctite. Oh well, for $20 what do you want?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top