Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 5:26:49 AM EDT
I have a used 10/22 I picked up a couple of months ago and I just started going over it closer last night.  Just a little about the gun,  it's in a hogue stock, sporting an unknown stainless barrel (it is sporting a decent rattle can cammo paint) and has a Volquartsen trigger.  The issue that I am having is when I insert a Ruger 10 round rotary mag.  It goes in fine but to eject I need to pry, pull and bang on the rifle.  I tried a couple of mags with the same problem.  I tried all of those mags in my other 10/22 which has a new Ruger BX trigger and everyone drops to the floor.  I don't know much about this rifle other than the previous owner had it around 10 years (he also bought it used, never changed anything).  He said that the mags were always harder to remove, but not as difficult as I described.  I see that there may be a light film of paint inside the mag well by mag release lever.  Would that cause this much issue or maybe an issue with the older Volquartsen trigger?  Does the mag just drop when the lever is pushed or is there a spring to help it kick out the mag?

Thanks for any help.  I will try to remove some paint in the mag well tomorrow and see if that helps.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly there is slight spring pressure that releases the magazine when you depress the magazine release.

Have you tried inserting and releasing the magazine into the rifle with the stock removed?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#3]
No I haven't, it's worth a try.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top