Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2017 6:59:46 PM EDT
Looking for a suppressor ready bolt action .22 lr with iron sights, but not finding that as an option.

Ruger American Rimfire Target - No iron sight

CZ 455 American Synthetic Suppressor Ready - no sights

Is it easier to get a threaded bolt action and add irons, or buy rifle with sights and then thread it?

Is a CZ 455 FS easily threaded or is that a pain in the butt due to the full stock?

I guess a Ruger American Rimfire with sights or a CZ 455 (lux or training rifle, not american) would be the best option to accomplish this?  Buy rifle then send to adco?

ETA: any idea when cz 455 scout will be available?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The new CZ455 Scout is threaded and has iron sights.  It's exactly what you are looking for. And if you need a longer LOP, you can purchase any of the 455 stocks to accomplish this.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The American Rimfire comes with iron sights and threaded barrel.
Link
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The American Rimfire comes with iron sights and threaded barrel.
Link
View Quote

And is very quiet with standard velocity ammo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And is very quiet with standard velocity ammo.
View Quote

Thirded
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks I did not see the RAR compact model with sights and threaded or the Scout.

Im pretty sure I was always between Ruger and CZ now I just have to pick.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks I did not see the RAR compact model with sights and threaded or the Scout.

Im pretty sure I was always between Ruger and CZ now I just have to pick.
View Quote

The ful size RAR also comes in the threaded configuration.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
link

Full size stock, compact threaded barrel
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
link

Full size stock, compact threaded barrel
View Quote

That's what I have.  

I use the compact insert for my kids then swap back to reg for me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Think I'm going cz 455 scout, and eventually put a full size lux stock on it.  Maybe get a .17 barrel as time goes by.  

Is if a flame war or do more people think the action/barrels on the CZs are a bit better than the RAR?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Think I'm going cz 455 scout, and eventually put a full size lux stock on it.  Maybe get a .17 barrel as time goes by.  

Is if a flame war or do more people think the action/barrels on the CZs are a bit better than the RAR?
View Quote

I own both a CZ 452 and two Ruger American Rimfires--one in .22LR and one in .17HMR

Personally I think the CZ is a slightly better product. My Rugers are good however they weren't perfect out the gate: the .17 had its grip cap missing and the bolt on the .22 can be stiff to work at times, where as the CZ 452 has been issue free.

The perks of the Ruger however is that fact that it uses 10/22 magazines and is pretty inexpensive, plus they actually shoot really well. The CZ shoots just as well or a little bit better though.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Any idea when the CZ 455 scout will be available?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any idea when the CZ 455 scout will be available?
View Quote

No idea but I think you're probably making a good choice.

I don't have experience with 455s, but CZ 452s are amazing rimfire rifles. Some of the best groups I've ever shot were with one of my 452 16" rifles. I actually came here to suggest the 455 Scout.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#13]
got it! the 455 scout

shot it.

love it.  now i need mags and a bigger stock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top