Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2017 9:57:29 PM EDT
Does the point of aim shift at all when the rifle is taken down and reassembled several times? I'm looking at picking up the 10/22 Lite.
Thanks ahead of time for the replies. The answer is apparently, each shot, the vibration from the action causes the barrel to shift ever so slightly causing variances between shots. The only real solution is buying a model where the sighting system is mounted directly to the barrel.
10/22 Takedown Accuracy
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Also interested in this..
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure. Mine is an old 10/22 before the takedown ones. If put together the exact same way each time I don't really see it being that much of an issue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Not that I can tell.   Minute of bunny maintained.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#4]
In my experience, yes. Anywhere from 1/2" to 1" at 50 yds.
Variable pressure on the forearm also affects it significantly.
And yes, I'm well aware of how to adjust the tension ring for a tighter lockup.

Magpul just came out with an X-22 takedown stock and an optics mount that replaces the rear sight and lock mechanism on the barrel.
This would place a red dot optic fully on the barrel portion, rather than the receiver and "should" eliminate any zero shift after reassembly.
The only drawback with the setup is that you're basically limited to a red dot rather than a scope.

ETA - Amega Mounts makes a mini-scout mount for the 10/22 takedown. Basically a barrel shroud with a picatinny rail.  
It's attached by the dovetail of the rear sight and the barrel band.
This allows you to mount a long eye relief scout scope or handgun scope on the barrel portion.

http://www.amegamounts.com/product_pages/ruger1022.php#

Mobile site won't popup link box so I can make it hot.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine had tech sights and it doesn't show any significant shift. I can keep 10 rounds inside of a quarter at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Speaking of a scoped 1022 takedown... what are some good options? Vortex Crossfire II? Vortex Diamonback? BSA? Nikon-P22?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Speaking of a scoped 1022 takedown... what are some good options? Vortex Crossfire II? Vortex Diamonback? BSA? Nikon-P22?
View Quote

I put a Leupold Rimfire 2x7 on mine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does the point of aim shift at all when the rifle is taken down and reassembled several times? I'm looking at picking up the 10/22 Lite.
Thanks ahead of time for the replies. The answer is apparently, each shot, the vibration from the action causes the barrel to shift ever so slightly causing variances between shots. The only real solution is buying a model where the sighting system is mounted directly to the barrel.
10/22 Takedown Accuracy
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
10/22 Takedown Accuracy
View Quote

How much shift are we talking. Mine repeats and shoots more accurate than a standard 10/22. Just be aware that accuracy taken to the extreme was never what the takedown was about. Mine shoots under 1" at 50 yards with Tech Sights. It's not a bench rifle. I can hit a 3" steel target over and over at 100 yards with open sights
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^  in QRW rings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top