Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2017 5:37:22 PM EDT
Hello all, I'm in search of a decent quality rifle scope for my Ruger 77/22 (time to dump the old Tasco)  I'm looking for something that could work as a jack of all trades when it comes to 22LR shooting, but at the same time not break the bank. I understand you get what you pay for, but when it comes to 22LR shooting I like to keep it sensible. I also prefer something that's variable in power. So whatcha think guys?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The Weaver rimfire scopes are good and cheaper than a leupold
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently put a Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x32 on my custom 10/22 build.

I really wanted something with an side mounted adjustable parallax that would go to 25 yards or less.

I'm not sure what your budget is exactly, but this one cost me about $250.

I'm very happy with it.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my Nikon P-Rimfire.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like my Weaver Classic Rimfire 2X7.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The Nikon P looks pretty damn sweet. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
BSA Sweet 22.  Has adjustments for grain weight and range. Give it a try.  its a budget scope but I have had it for years. Totally happy with it
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BSA Sweet 22.  Has adjustments for grain weight and range. Give it a try.  its a budget scope but I have had it for years. Totally happy with it
View Quote

Really? I've had one for a long while and never really liked it. it is way to big for a .22 and it doesn't return to zero. It does hold zero once set, but that is about all I can say for. it isn't that clear either. I've always planned to replace it, but never got around to it. I have a Nikon Prostaff EFR rimfire on one of my others. it's a much nicer scope for a few dollars more.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I went Nikon P on my latest 10/22 build as well.

I need to toss some pics up. 50th Anniversary, heavy barrel, walnut stock and a cheapo Caldwell bipod.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's a view with the Diamondback HP 2-8x32

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Nikon or Weaver.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Nikon
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I'm not sure what $ amount it would take to "break the bank" but I personally think the Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Rimfire EFR is the best general purpose rimfire scope on the market but at ~$350, its a little pricey for some?

I've owned the Weaver version of that scope (RV9) as well as some other Weaver scopes and while they aren't bad scopes, they aren't in the same league glass wise. Neither are the Nikon's IMO. If I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Leupold, I would look at one of the Vortex scopes. I have one of their Diamondback 4-12x40 AO's with BDC and it's a pretty nice scope with good glass for the price. Not quite as nice as the Leupold but much better than Weaver's or Nikon's in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Really? I've had one for a long while and never really liked it. it is way to big for a .22 and it doesn't return to zero. It does hold zero once set, but that is about all I can say for. it isn't that clear either. I've always planned to replace it, but never got around to it. I have a Nikon Prostaff EFR rimfire on one of my others. it's a much nicer scope for a few dollars more.
View Quote
I guess at around a hundred bucks its a crapshoot if you get a good or bad one. My glass is great and it holds zero like a champ , I do have the older one . Apparently there is a new one being sold at the same time. On the other hand I will never ever buy a nikon product because I had a paralax mirror pop out they refused to fix until after ai paid insured shipping both ways with no promise of free repair
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#14]
In the same boat, looking for something in the 3-9 area, fairly compact and light.

Anyone have any experience with the Bushnell A22 3.5-10AO scope I looked thru one the other day and was not too bad?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Weaver rimfire scopes are good and cheaper than a leupold
View Quote

And I believe on sale at Natchez right now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hello all, I'm in search of a decent quality rifle scope for my Ruger 77/22 (time to dump the old Tasco)  I'm looking for something that could work as a jack of all trades when it comes to 22LR shooting, but at the same time not break the bank. I understand you get what you pay for, but when it comes to 22LR shooting I like to keep it sensible. I also prefer something that's variable in power. So whatcha think guys?
View Quote

Just remembered something.  Leupold FX-I 4x rimfire scope can often be had for $200 and it's a fine scope for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top