Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2017 4:01:51 PM EDT
I have a Ruger 10/22 stainless and a Ruger American Rimfire, both factory. The 10/22 I would like to start tinkering with, and I dislike how the silver receiver would look with my intended upgrades. What's the best way to paint or whatever the receiver black? The RAR is standard sporter model and when I bought it I didn't realize they had the Predator models. I haven't even shot it yet, it's still NIB, but I'm wondering if I should just sell it and buy a Predator or could I rebarrel it and end up with something similar?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd probably just use a little aircraft remover aerosol paint stripper and a brush. Then have it cerekoted what ever color you like.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Double Tap.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I had my stainless receiver cerakoted satin black. The guy didn't amazing job.

Ruger is releasing a RAR Target model soon, target bull barrel and black laminate stock. Sell the RAR and get one of those. That's what I'm gonna do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top