Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 5:56:17 PM EDT
The factory 10-22 stocks are the right height for irons and you can fake it with them with the scope. I am getting interested in the Hogue stock and they look like they are the right height for a scope. Can someone who uses one chime in on the comb height? I would buy one if they are the right height for scopes but don't want to waste my money if they aren't any different than the factory stock I already have.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]

I put a Hogue overmolded stock on my 10/22 action. Drop in fit. Then I used the Ruger base and a set of medium rings iirc and mounted a rather big scope on it for shooting "tack driver" games. It is a perfect fit. I will try to send you some pics over the weekend if you IM/email me an address. I do not have the patience to try to post them up here. You are welcome to do so if you chose after you get them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up the Hogue (.920 channel) for mine and absolutely love it. Fit/finish is perfect.

Barrel is a .920" ER Shaw from Brownell's.
Scope is a cheap BSA Classic
Rings are Warne (IIRC)
Base is OEM Ruger

Eventually I will upgrade to a Nikon Rimfire scope.

The stock texture is better than the OEM overmolded AAC-SD stocks in my opinion. Those were gummy/rubbery feeling.

The 10/22 stock I have feels more like a synthetic stock with a soft buttpad.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Hogue Overmolded stock will work great with a scope as long as you don't go with a really tall ring.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Factory stocks and/or Hogue's work fine on a 10/22 with a scope provided that A. Don't have an oversized scope mounted (rimfires really don't need a scope with an objective bigger then 40mm (or maybe 42mm tops). B. You keep the scope mounted low to the the bore like it's supposed to be and C. You don't have a tiny head/face.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top