Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2017 10:09:48 PM EDT
I am looking to get a nice .22lr bolt action rifle and have decided on the CZ 455. I will either be getting the Tacticool model or the varmit precision trainer. I am leaning toward the VPT, but have a couple of questions:

1. Should I go with the 16.5" or 20.5" barrel for this .22lr? Any benefit of one over the other?
2. Are the barrels threaded for both barrel lengths? (this will be suppressed)
3. Is the Manners stock that much better than the Boyd's to make the investment woth it over the Tacticool model?

Any info or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the 16.5" Manners model, you don't gain any velocity from going with the longer barrel.  I think that its hard to go wrong with either the Boyd's or Manners.  I'd buy whatever model you can find the best deal on with the threaded barrel.

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Any spacer needed for your Sparrow?

I was considering getting the 20.5" and having it cut down and threaded to the sparrow o-ring spec.  I've currently got a Sparrow on a Savage FV-SR and the threads are too long and require a spacer.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Only the 16.5" & 24" barrel lengths are threaded.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Stock threads didn't require a spacer.  A gunsmith friend of mine threaded mine to the silencerco specs for free because "it would bug him to see my using an adapter"

-Kirby
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top