Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2017 5:06:55 PM EDT
Good evening everybody,

Did a quick search and couldn't come up with anything.. does anybody know of a good source (possibly YouTube) that shows what is needed, modification wise, to make the the sbx barrel fit in the stock? I've seen some pictures but nothing that shows a step by step tutorial. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
What I did was get a deep socket that was slightly larger in diameter than the SBX shroud, I then wrapped sandpaper around the socket and used it to enlarge the front opening of the stock while keeping a nice radius. When I had opened it up enough I placed then stock (minus the insert) on the barreled action and marked on the stock where the shroud started. I then removed the action and put the insert inside the stock and transferred the marks to the insert then removed and cut the insert with a hack saw. Then just put insert in the stock and then the barreled action. Done.

Link Posted: 1/2/2017 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly what I was looking for! Awesome-  thank you very much. Great looking 10/22 you got there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top