Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2017 11:15:26 PM EDT
So at thanksgiving my son asked if we could take a .22 to my in-laws since there isn't much to do there. So I good arfcom fashion I took my suppressed 10/22 fitted with mostly Kidd parts and a Bushnell trs-25. We were out shooting at some clay pigeons that I had sat out for us about 15 yards out and my 5 year old was knocking them dead with me supporting the fore end.

Well my father in law walks up to see how his grandsons doing and checks out the rifle were shooting. He points out how much he really likes my trs-25 because he has trouble shooting with his glasses on and with them off he can't pick up his target with his other eye. (He only shoots at animals, no target practice ever as it's a waste of bullets for this old fudd). So I gave him a trs for Christmas to mount on his prized kill anything marlin 25m .22 mag.

So anyways I didn't realize it but the marlin only has the dovetail groove scope mount on the reciever, not tapped. So I need to get him a rail that will clamp on to the .22 dovetail rail so I can mount the trs-25 on. It looks like dip makes a rail specifically for the marlin guns but it's a bit more than I want to spend at $30. So I'm wondering if anyone else has been down this path and what you chose to go with?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used the products from Leapers/UTG on several rifles. Good stuff, grips the dovetail well.  About $10. My father-in-law could pound dents in an anvil with a rubber mallet.  I would have needed to fab a rail for him- blank Weaver rail stock from Brownell's, mill matching dovetail in the bottom of rail, slide into position and drill/tap into receiver. Probably epoxy, too.  Your mileage may vary. 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I picked up a set of utg mounts from Amazon for $10. They are spring loaded and you just punch them together on the rail and attach the scope mount to hold them closed. Had lots of good reviews. So we'll see, I liked that they were such a low mount and won't add much height
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top