Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2016 6:50:07 PM EDT
I'm confused about which spring is which in their spring kit.  Their page says the white is the "standard" while the uncolored is 10% reduced.

But I've seen at least two reviews online that say the white is the 10% reduced and the uncolored is the standard.

Anyone know for sure?

I'm inclined to believe the white is the 10% reduced because I put it in today and had some issues with light primer strikes. Weird thing is I'd pull the bold back, pull out the mag, and slingshot the bolt and the round would fire just from the bolt closing.

I had used the red spring in my last shooting outing and had no such issues.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Kidd says white is standard, no color is 10% reduced, and red is 10% stronger.

The action spring should not affect how the firing pin strikes the rim. Dropping the bolt on a live round in the chamber can cause it to go off no matter what stiffness the recoil spring is.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Just put mine in. went with standard, the one already installed on the rod, to start with. That is what they recommend.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
This.
I used the white spring and run CCI Standard Velocity using the factory bolt. Never an issue. Love the new guide rod, spring, and bolt handle.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just put mine in. went with standard, the one already installed on the rod, to start with. That is what they recommend.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I started off with the standard spring. And swapped them around to find out if I could get  any more noise reduction using my suppressor. This was using CCI Standard Velocity and SK Standard. I didn't notice a difference and went back to the standard spring. But it did cycle with all the springs even un-suppressed.

This was using a Kidd bolt and a Ruger receiver.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone shot theirs back to back with different springs and compared groups?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top