Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2016 5:56:41 PM EDT
Are these worth the price? Either getting one of these or the Ruger VLEH model. Can't decide.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
They are stupid accurate.  And feather light.  I bought mine for long range but it's so light and nimble that they beg for a red dot .  I have the VLEH model and it was really heavy and no more accurate the a standard 10/22
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a nice little rifle.  Runs like a sewing machine.  You'll have to decide if paying a grand for a .22 is worth it.  I'm good with it.

Link Posted: 12/31/2016 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you guys buy it with their trigger or Ruger? Wondering if Tacsol trigger option is worth it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you guys buy it with their trigger or Ruger? Wondering if Tacsol trigger option is worth it?
View Quote

I did not think so. I replaced mine after two range trips with a Kidd. It is better than factory Ruger but I might go so far as to say I would prefer the Ruger BX trigger over what I got with the upgraded TacSol. And yes, it was the TacSol and not Ruger trigger.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I did not think so. I replaced mine after two range trips with a Kidd. It is better than factory Ruger but I might go so far as to say I would prefer the Ruger BX trigger over what I got with the upgraded TacSol. And yes, it was the TacSol and not Ruger trigger.
View Quote
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
What are you planning to do with it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kidd Classic all the way. NO QUESTION. Those in the know buy a Kidd. I bought a TacSol. I had no idea the base model came with the horrific Ruger Factory Trigger! What is TacSol thinking? The trigger is the key to this gun and TacSol leaves the crap Ruger trigger on it? Might as well not change anything else on the gun and just buy the original Ruger for a fraction of the TacSol price LOL.

I returned it the minute I realized it was the Ruger Trigger and ordered a Kidd for $200 more than I paid for the TacSol. My Kidd was $1029 delivered. Hands down the most amazing trigger I have EVER pulled. Breaks like glass at around 1lb. Unreal. Anyone who has ever shot it, cannot believe it. My Kidd is as accurate as my best 22lr bolt guns. .25" groups are not a problem if you are doing your part that day. I run a Trijicon 3-9x40 Accupoint with the green dot crosshair. Love the Kidd Trijicon combo.

Normally I would run a much more powerful scope on my 22lr target guns, but the Kidd and Accupoint combo is the best of all worlds. Shooting world nirvana. ]

The Kidd Classic is the Ultimate 10/22.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I always thought all Firearms sale were final. Where did you buy this that they let you return/exchange it?
Anyway, I bought a straight TacSol rifle and immediately replaced the trigger with a KIDD 2 stage. It was stupid accurate. Traded it for a nice AR then bought a factory Ruger 10/22 and immediately replaced the barrel with a TacSol barrel and dropped in a BX trigger. It shoots just as accurately as the full TacSol rifle did for a few hundred less. I do like the dual recoil spring and the fact that TacSol puts a plug in the back of receiver for ease of cleaning.

Quoted:

Kidd Classic all the way. NO QUESTION. Those in the know buy a Kidd. I bought a TacSol. I had no idea the base model came with the horrific Ruger Factory Trigger! What is TacSol thinking? The trigger is the key to this gun and TacSol leaves the crap Ruger trigger on it? Might as well not change anything else on the gun and just buy the original Ruger for a fraction of the TacSol price LOL.

I returned it the minute I realized it was the Ruger Trigger and ordered a Kidd for $200 more than I paid for the TacSol. My Kidd was $1029 delivered. Hands down the most amazing trigger I have EVER pulled. Breaks like glass at around 1lb. Unreal. Anyone who has ever shot it, cannot believe it. My Kidd is as accurate as my best 22lr bolt guns. .25" groups are not a problem if you are doing your part that day. I run a Trijicon 3-9x40 Accupoint with the green dot crosshair. Love the Kidd Trijicon combo.

Normally I would run a much more powerful scope on my 22lr target guns, but the Kidd and Accupoint combo is the best of all worlds. Shooting world nirvana. ]

The Kidd Classic is the Ultimate 10/22.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the information. I got a smoking deal on the Ruger VLEH and I have the BX trigger to drop in it. Hundreds cheaper that the Tacsol. Also got a Nikon 3x12-40 scope and a Tacsol base and their one piece mount to try out. I'll post pics soon. My try the Magpul stock as well.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats on a very good decision. That's a great shooter albeit about 18oz heavier than the Tacsol but if you are going to benchrest it or shoot prone, it won't matter much. A big +1 on the Magpul stock. Very customizable and good looking stock.

Quoted:
Thanks for all the information. I got a smoking deal on the Ruger VLEH and I have the BX trigger to drop in it. Hundreds cheaper that the Tacsol. Also got a Nikon 3x12-40 scope and a Tacsol base and their one piece mount to try out. I'll post pics soon. My try the Magpul stock as well.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Congrats on a very good decision. That's a great shooter albeit about 18oz heavier than the Tacsol but if you are going to benchrest it or shoot prone, it won't matter much. A big +1 on the Magpul stock. Very customizable and good looking stock.
View Quote

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top