Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2016 4:24:16 PM EDT
Pulling my trusty 10/22T out of mothballs for the first time in several years...shooting a little CLP into the action...then grabbing an assortment of crap ammo and going off to the range only to have zero malfunctions, zero FTFs, zero jams, zero misfires, zero stovepipes....and once the scope was dialed in, 1" groups at 50 yards all afternoon

I recalled that this particular rifle was finicky...always seemed to be weird with certain ammo.
Today I had bulk Remington, Winchester, and some CCI....but a wise man here (regarding a total separate matter with a handgun) once asked me, "what happens when you run it wet?". I had never run my 10/22 wet because I always thought that all that powder / fouling / gunk would be even worse with extra oily surfaces.

Well....bzzzzzttttt...wrong answer. Turns out my 10/22 likes to be wet. Ate whatever I through at it...like a champ.

Here is my little old tack driver...

Lots of modifications over the years....more than I can even remember.
I think the only thing that remains original and stock is the magazine....every other piece has either been replaced and worked on.

Dialed in with decent ammo it'll shoot ragged holes on demand.

Here is a five shot group at 25 yards using CCI Green Tag...

Love this rifle
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I know that it's great when your friends invite you to the range....   Guess I missed that call...  
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know that it's great when your friends invite you to the range....   Guess I missed that call...  
View Quote

It was during the Eagles game....didn't want to present a moral dilemma for you
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
No dilemma, that game was great fun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No dilemma, that game was great fun.
View Quote

I love watching a good matchup.....and seeing the birds beat up on Bradford was a good thing I'm sure, but to be out in the woods on a sunny, crisp, fall afternoon with a tack driver...and few thousand rounds of ammo, and nowhere to be......no contest for me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top