Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2016 9:59:20 AM EDT
As the title states, I read that there are 2 mounting divots that can be drilled out.  I'm wondering if anyone here has done it, how hard it was to do, and how sturdy it is when mounting a bipod to it.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
As the title states, I read that there are 2 mounting divots that can be drilled out.  I'm wondering if anyone here has done it, how hard it was to do, and how sturdy it is when mounting a bipod to it.

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

I can say, with a reasonable amount of confidence, there is no such provision for sling studs in the forearm. There are two divots in the rear of the stock that appear to be ready for QD sockets!.. If you're going to mount a Harris bipod or something similar, consider the Mount n Slot adapter. I purchased the Magpul first and it has some pretty terrible geometry for that purpose. The former will get you nice and close to the forearm such that the bipod's surfaces mate cleanly with those of the stock.

Too lazy to preemptively grab pics but let me know if that would help clarify anything.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The bottom of the instruction sheet has directions for "Dome stud sling mounts installation"

The front drill point is just forward of the first MLOK slot.  It's a little divot.  Instructions state to use a #10-32 x 3/8 long dome stud, and drill the dimples using a #21 bit to a max hole depth of .375"-.400"

Using a stud directly into the forearm to mount a bipod is semi-appealing to me, especially with your feedback on how the bipod sits using the MLOK adapter.

eta: the divot sits on top of a thick sleeve that the stud can thread onto (if that makes any sense...). If you take the removable barrel tray out, youll be able to see it.  I drilled it out, threaded the stud in, and mounted my Harris.  It locks up very solidly.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The bottom of the instruction sheet has directions for "Dome stud sling mounts installation"

The front drill point is just forward of the first MLOK slot.  It's a little divot.  Instructions state to use a #10-32 x 3/8 long dome stud, and drill the dimples using a #21 bit to a max hole depth of .375"-.400"

Using a stud directly into the forearm to mount a bipod is semi-appealing to me, especially with your feedback on how the bipod sits using the MLOK adapter.

eta: the divot sits on top of a thick sleeve that the stud can thread onto (if that makes any sense...). If you take the removable barrel tray out, youll be able to see it.  I drilled it out, threaded the stud in, and mounted my Harris.  It locks up very solidly.
View Quote

Oh no shit! Too cool. Guess I should have read the damn thing. Never really took much interest on the inside of the stock but I suppose that makes sense!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top