Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2016 7:32:18 AM EDT
My Kidd Innovation Design parts showed up late yesterday. This is just a fun build. I am no competitive shooter. Just wanted different then stock. Starting with a 1102 Sporter.

Kidd Parts List:

16.5" Stainless Bead Blasted Match Barrel with matching SS muzzle break.
V-Block
Take Down Screw
Mag Release
Receiver Pins
Scope Base
Auto Bolt Release
SS Mag Latch Plunger w/HS spring
Bolt Buffer
Scalloped Bolt
SS Bolt Handle Charging Assembly

Ruger BX Trigger

Magpul Hunter X22 stock
Magpul High Cheek Riser
Magpul Bipod Mount

BSA Super 22 Scope

UTG Picatinny Rings

CVLife bipod

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Great build...ditch the BX 25 and get a Kidd 2 stage.  The 8oz/8oz is nice. The 3oz/3oz is for benchrest only.  Your limiting factor with this build will be your trigger choice the way it stands. Also get some Eley Match/ Wolf match/ Lapua center-x to really watch this rifle shine. My Kidd just loves the Eley match
Here is 5 shots   this is with 8oz/8oz trigger, 20" barrel with Eley Match...Wolf match yields the same results
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
You have my attention.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The Kidd trigger job kit probably would have been the best approach. I already bought the BX trigger with the 10/22 and the place I picked them up does not take returns. But at that time, I didn't even know about the Kidd trigger kit and my intent was to make this a budget build for the 1st time around. Researching the parts is when I came across the Kidd brand and one thing led to another and my budget build got more expensive. Nice thing with these, its a Lego block gun. Nothing reversible. Can and probably will add to it again later. But for now, the BX stays for better or worse.

As it was, it went fairly smooth. Only part that I still need to figure is the bipod. From what I read, the one I bought should have worked, but none of the parts that came with it to attach it to the stock wont fit together. But that's really nothing to worry about.

So all total I spent @  2-1/2 hours stripping the original and building this from the parts I had. Next time, I could probably cut my time in half.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, that's sweet.

Where's the can!?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top