Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2016 2:01:06 AM EDT
I just got this stock for my birthday, and in test fitting it to my FV-SR, I noticed that it doesn't appear to line up properly with the screw holes in the receiver. I have a Dip bottom metal/screws/trigger guard on the way so I can test it all when that gets here, but upon inspection right now, it looks like the wood obstructs the top screw hole in the picture (the bottom hole is at an angle, but it lines up properly). The barreled receiver felt like it dropped into the stock snugly so I believe it's the correct stock--just maybe that this one hole isn't as it should be.

Is this normal? If not, should I send it back? Drill it myself?

Thanks for the help!

And a pic of the rifle as it sits now, partially assembled:

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You paid for something, but did not receive it. Call them. It may very well be the wrong stock for your action.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 4 Boyd's stocks. Not all have fit perfectly. I just drilled or sanded as needed. It says right on their website that some inletting or modification may be needed. It's pretty normal. I would just drill it and not worry about it.

Quoted:
I just got this stock for my birthday, and in test fitting it to my FV-SR, I noticed that it doesn't appear to line up properly with the screw holes in the receiver. I have a Dip bottom metal/screws/trigger guard on the way so I can test it all when that gets here, but upon inspection right now, it looks like the wood obstructs the top screw hole in the picture (the bottom hole is at an angle, but it lines up properly). The barreled receiver felt like it dropped into the stock snugly so I believe it's the correct stock--just maybe that this one hole isn't as it should be.

Is this normal? If not, should I send it back? Drill it myself?

Thanks for the help!

http://i.imgur.com/Ey7c2ygl.jpg

And a pic of the rifle as it sits now, partially assembled:

http://i.imgur.com/Mhn0VQJl.jpg
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top