Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2016 10:07:53 PM EDT
So I always liked the idea but never got around to it, I feel like seeing this on the trader is my calling. What would you consider to be a steal on this? He has it listed at $250 which I wont pay but I doubt he will sell it for over $200 since it doesn't have a barrel unless someone else like me sees it

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what to tell you on value, but just wanted to make sure you check to see if you can get the parts needed for what you want to do.

If my memory is correct, while you can get replacement barrels for the TD 10/22's (like the Gemtech Mist), Ruger doesn't sell the hardware needed to attach it to the receiver - you have to have a donor set already.

I wonder if that is what we are seeing here - a fellow needing the barrel hardware bought another TD and is trying to sell off the receiver & stock.

Good luck on your project,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Being honest with you I would not pay a $100 for it, now when I can get a complete new rifle for about $220 and build to any configuration I desired.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure what to tell you on value, but just wanted to make sure you check to see if you can get the parts needed for what you want to do.

If my memory is correct, while you can get replacement barrels for the TD 10/22's (like the Gemtech Mist), Ruger doesn't sell the hardware needed to attach it to the receiver - you have to have a donor set already.

I wonder if that is what we are seeing here - a fellow needing the barrel hardware bought another TD and is trying to sell off the receiver & stock.

Bob S.
View Quote

Interesting.. Ya I may just buy a new one, I hoard enough stuff and buying a 10/22 and keeping the barrel will be the epitome of hoarding since I would think "ill maybe use this one day" and for sure never will
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Bob S.
View Quote

You talking about the barrel retainer block?  Lots of 10/22 parts available here and other places.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You talking about the barrel retainer block?  Lots of 10/22 parts available here and other places.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob S.

I might be missing it - but I don't see the parts needed to attach the barrel to the receiver on a Take-Down 10/22, just the barrel blocks for the standard 10/22.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I might be missing it - but I don't see the parts needed to attach the barrel to the receiver on a Take-Down 10/22, just the barrel blocks for the standard 10/22.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob S.

You are right, not there. Guess I better keep looking.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I really wish they would sell the takedown hardware separately.  Would open up so many options.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I really wish they would sell the takedown hardware separately.  Would open up so many options.

View Quote

I see a few on ebay for about $50.00...   Ruger TD Hardware

Bob S.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top