Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2016 7:39:59 PM EDT
Hello just curious if anyone knows of an angled, offset or 90 deg down turn charging handle for the Ruger 10/22?  My scope sits low and has extended turrets so it kinda gets in the way of charging the rifle.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
How about something like this.
Moves the charging handle to the other side.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Kidd handle. It's a bit longer than the stock handle but still not long enough as the turrets on my scope are still further out.

The nice thing about the Kidd handle is that there's a hole in the center of it that I've been thinking of threading and putting a longer handle in.

There is also this but I have no experience with it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about something like this.
Moves the charging handle to the other side.
View Quote

That is pure sex.

$85 on ebay........
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

$85 on ebay........
View Quote

It's only $59.99 on the Mfr's site
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The problem with the left side charger for me is that I'm left handed so then I would still have to change my grip.  I also thought about trying to find a charging handle that the knob threaded in and make/mod a handle that offset, 45 or 90 deg down.  My new 10/22 is my truck/walking around gun so I would prefer the handle not to extend out any farther than it already does.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The problem with the left side charger for me is that I'm left handed so then I would still have to change my grip.  I also thought about trying to find a charging handle that the knob threaded in and make/mod a handle that offset, 45 or 90 deg down.  My new 10/22 is my truck/walking around gun so I would prefer the handle not to extend out any farther than it already does.
View Quote

If you cannot find an angled handle, buy an extra stock one and cut off the curved part, weld it to a 45 degree angle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top