Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2016 4:10:54 PM EDT
I shot one of these the other day and it was a lot of fun . Not sure what brand it was.
Can someone tell me who makes the best one and what to look for ? Any websites devoted to these ?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Made by a company called Umarex, and they make the only authorized/branded ones I know of, so not much choice or anything in particular to watch out for.

Fun for a plastic bodied, dedicated 22 plinker that sorta looks cool. Nothing special about them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Made by a company called Umarex, and they make the only authorized/branded ones I know of, so not much choice or anything in particular to watch out for.

Fun for a plastic bodied, dedicated 22 plinker that sorta looks cool. Nothing special about them.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply . The one I shot was heavy and made out of metal .
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I can tell you first hand they are tons of fun. It is Umarex brand but made by Walther and licensed by H&K. Much better quality than the GSG brand.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, maybe the GSG were the plastic ones I'm remembering, then.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Great gun as long as you can source enough ammo to shoot it. It's really fun to shoot and shoot fast so you will burn through a brick in no time. Also uber reliable, I've shot more then 6k rounds of the cheapest Walmart/Cabelas 22 ammo I can find and have only had a couple of problems.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I can tell you first hand they are tons of fun. It is Umarex brand but made by Walther and licensed by H&K. Much better quality than the GSG brand.
View Quote

This is all you need to know.^^^

My .22 Umarex is probably the most fun .22 I own. Surprisingly fun.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I also own the Walther version.  It is fucking awesome.

Feels like the real deal.  I threw a cheap reddot on it and it's good to go.

If you want to mount anything on it, but one of these:  https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-MP5-22-Scope-Mount-HK-Walther-Umarex-342p2389.htm

ETA:

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Umarex Manufacturs them with the Walther/H&K stamp of approval.  I just sold my MP5-SD, I didn't like how I couldn't thread my suppressor on it and when I shouldered the stock, I couldn't use earmuffs (they got in the way).

I sold mine for $600 with extra mags and actually made a profit off of it and the guy who has it now loves it.

If you don't have a suppressor / dont want to use a suppressor on it, definitely buy one.  And go with the H&K, not GSG.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I picked up one of the Walther ones a few months ago. They are a lot of fun to shoot and my kid loves shooting it as well. Lots of aftermarket stuff to slap on. I got rid of the collapsible stock and went with the fixed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I picked up one of the Walther ones a few months ago. They are a lot of fun to shoot and my kid loves shooting it as well. Lots of aftermarket stuff to slap on. I got rid of the collapsible stock and went with the fixed.
View Quote

I second the fixed stock. Much better cheek weld. I ended up SBR'ing mine and putting a Sparrow on it. They are fun little rifles and good quality.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 1:17:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a few thousand rounds through my umarex hk mp5 no issues at all, 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The HK/Umarex/Walther are solid reliable fun guns.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who online has these for a good price ?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CDNN puts them and the mags on sale with some regularity.  Buy extra mags with it.  Buy extra mags with it.  Yes, I meant to type that twice, you will burn through them fast.  It is a lot more accurate than I was expecting and a ton of fun.  The fixed stock doesn't look as cool but it's a bit longer and more comfortable and easier to shoot- supposedly they've been hard to find lately though.  I'll second the HK scope mount as opposed to the airsoft parts after I had two cheap cast metal airsoft mounts break.  A PA micro style red dot works great.    

Some friends and I actually set up some small scale targets and run "tactical .22" courses of fire on occasion using whatever "tactical" .22s you have.  I usually use my HK and my Kimber Pro-Cary with the Kimber .22 upper.  Lots of fun for (not so) cheap (anymore).
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I second the fixed stock. Much better cheek weld. I ended up SBR'ing mine and putting a Sparrow on it. They are fun little rifles and good quality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, I did the same thing.  Fixed stock, SBR'd with a Surefire Ryder .22 suppressor.  Thing is stupid fun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody know where you can find the fixed stock ?
I looked all over place.
Does a regular MP 5 stock fit?
I SBR'd mine, put the H&K light on it and it is sweet.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I looked all over place.
Thanks
View Quote

Looks like it's sold out right now at HK parts...   this is the only place I looked though.  Sorry its not much help to you...

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/A2-Fixed-Stock-For-HK-MP5-22-342p2206.htm
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you
I sent emails to both Ulmerx and Walther and the best I can get out of customer service is discontinued.
I asked why and they didn't have a reason.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Looks like it's sold out right now at HK parts...   this is the only place I looked though.  Sorry its not much help to you...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I looked all over place.
Thanks

Yeah that is where I got mine.  Sucks they are out of stock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top